Sign in to follow this  

best oil Filter for DRZ400

alot of people including myself like our Scott's Stainless Steel oil filters. Reusable and filters as good (if not better) than the oem's.

alot of people including myself like our Scott's Stainless Steel oil filters. Reusable and filters as good (if not better) than the oem's.

hiflow filter $2.55 at bike bandit. the stanless steel filter doesnt pay for itself untill the bike has lots of oil changes. its kind of like taking a shower and putting on a pair of armani underwear that you just washed. they might be clean and smell nice, but a new pair of hanes makes me feel better.

• Like 1

I use the OEM but the reusable ones work fine too. Both do a good job, I guess the reusable one is a little more green....

usually filtering media is finer on paper filters than steel mesh.

really thourough in cleaning the steel filters as well otherwise you're putting crap back in your engine.

OK so i think ill go OEM sense they don't make a better filter. I understand the stainless one is just reusable and dose not filter better or maby slightly worse. Dose that sound righ?

• Like 1

I use KN. Not sure ifs its better than OEM or not. They make great air filters so I use the oil filters as well. Cant go wrong with OEM.

Yep K&N filter in mine 05 SM and no problems, filter is reasonably priced and

seems to have the reputable quality of K&N air filters.

I use the napa power sports ones. They come with both o-rings.

I use the napa power sports ones. They come with both o-rings.

that's good to know.

Give this a read. I've got the $20 one from Wheeling. It's going in on the next oil change... :)