Sign in to follow this  

How much money have you put into your z?

If there already is a tread the same as this, please delete. I couldnt find one.

2001 s with 3500 miles and aceribis tank and trackmaster tires-$2000

mods: around $1000

mcct $60, case savers $70, 50/50 tires over $150 total, rimlock $10, new clutch cable $30, spare fuses, aftermarket pegs $26, extended shifter $20, cage over hedlight, unibiker radiator guards $100, spare throttle cables $40, moose o ring chain $80, jb sprockets $100, kintec fuel screw $15, aceribis tail light kit $40, chad reed handlebars $50, aceribis 4.25 gal tank $216. sisenerous super starter kit $140, new exaust and header $50, cycra handguards $100, seal savers $20, fender brace $20, fender bag $20, panniers $100, tailrack $80, new wheel bearings, seat refurbushed, k&n filter $40

2001 DRZ400S - 1800

New battery - 100

New tires - 180

New tank - 259

New plastics -120

KTM Fender and headlight - 110 (mistake. I dont like it now.)

trail tech vapor - 100

JD jet kit - 75

Cycra probend with tripple clamp mount - 125

Zeta Handguard signals mounted in my Cycras - 38

= 2907. Dont tell my wife.

I had 2 DRZ400sm's. And loved the first as much as the second. Between the 2 I put over $1000 into them easy.

Eviltwins.jpg

Winter002.jpg

Hell I had a grand into the second one and still only got it to around 37 hp.

IMG_8834.jpg

The bang for buck is what made me get the KTM finally. To get my DRZ to where I wanted it to be would have cost as much if not more. And at that point I could not be certain on how dependable it would be. But for $7500 I have brembo's all around,slipper clutch, WP suspension and 50 Plus hp(They claim 64hp, but mid 50's is real world). And it feels so mauc like the DRZ. I say it feels like the DRZ on its best day. When everything is working to its max. I dropped 4 seconds off my best lap the first time I rode it. Cheating? Maybe. But I love it almost as much as my DRZ. I am sure once I have a fw track days under my belt and the new bike smell is off it, I will love it completely. I hate break in.

SMC_9286.jpg

SMC_1162.jpg

i stopped counting at AUD $20.000 :)

are you dead set forken joken me???? :banghead:

Ermm...

£1000 for a 2002 Dual-sport

£280 Remus exhaust

£300 40mm Flatslide FCR

£800 Excel Rims, Talon hubs

£280 Stage 1 Hotcams

£200 on parts for rebuilding Top end (Valve stem seals, rings an so on....)

£150 USD's from a (cough) 94 (Cough) RM250

so around £3000 so far... or $4100.... and it still looks shite lol! (needs some tlc to the exterior image i think)

Paid 4200 and now like 8950 total.

To many things to sit here and list. Just look at my garage

stock

Dragon_edited.jpg

Absolutely awesome pic!! :)

Wish I could get my wife interested in riding...

As for money and mods bought the bike for $3200 and haven't dumped a significant amount of money in it(Iz iz poo). You can check my garage for details.

It's great gettiing a wife that rides until she goes down near you. It's like women in combat. Watching a woman get real hurt is hard. Harder then watching a guy go down. I saw a girl I know break her back at a track day. The day was over. If it was a guy he would have flown off a d we would have went on riding.

My sister was killed last august on her r6. She was almost 50 a retired cop. Driving to the mall. Hit head on by a kid in her own lane. He was 16. First day driving alone. I am not against girls on bikes. It just hurts tooooo much when they get hurt.

not enough space £3000 and still cheaper than a new berg 450 !

I dont spend......., I invest!:)

Paid $4k for the bike and another $3.5k into it. Or so...

But it's a hoot...

It's great gettiing a wife that rides until she goes down near you. It's like women in combat. Watching a woman get real hurt is hard. Harder then watching a guy go down. I saw a girl I know break her back at a track day. The day was over. If it was a guy he would have flown off a d we would have went on riding.

My sister was killed last august on her r6. She was almost 50 a retired cop. Driving to the mall. Hit head on by a kid in her own lane. He was 16. First day driving alone. I am not against girls on bikes. It just hurts tooooo much when they get hurt.

Yep, I do keep that in the back of my mind. We still have 2 young children and if something happened to me, at least they'd still have their mother, but if we both got seriously injured or killed it would leave the kids with no parents. Not to mention I've been riding since I was 5yrs old and my wife has never ridden a motorcycle, so I'd want her to learn on an off road bike to begin with.

I still love Debi's pic with them taking the corner side by side :)

$4200 for 2005 DRZ SM and $1200. in parts and mods = sheer fun and enjoyment, worth every penny. :)

Well into the five digit range. Check my garage for an idea.

Dennis - My heart goes out to you and your sister. She worked at the same place I do.

Well into the five digit range. Check my garage for an idea.

Dennis - My heart goes out to you and your sister. She worked at the same place I do.

Back on to a high note. I can't wait to see how we go down the straight at Pocono this year. You destroyed me on my DRZ. I think this season with the KTM we will be evenly matched when you throw my weight into the Power to weight ratio.