Sign in to follow this  

Samco Hoses

what a git to install - took me ages last night.

But hey, they look good!

I will eventually post some pics up of my DRZ - just waiting for the exhaust and jet kit!

Anyone else done the samco hoses?

Bought them, but have not fitted them yet. Did you have to trim yours for clearance? What was the big hassle?

Trim them - no - they were all perfect length

Big hassle was doing the hose clips up - i left my tank on, removed plastics, unbolted the rads, and then worked from the right side to the left.

The big hose at the bottom is sooo easy.

the other annoying thing though was that the big hose at the bottom touches the exhaust, so a descreet cable tie was pulled around it, dragging it down a bit

That's why I asked if you had to trim it....I have seen other posts where members mention that the had to trim them somewhat to gain clearance from the header.

Did you use the stock clamps?

I installed mine several weeks ago and trimmed mine on the exhaust side, as I did not want to use zip ties. I think trimming is best as nothing can go wrong later on, a zip tie could possibly stretch with heat.

And the result of that could be catastrophic, but each to there own, I would rethink if I were you.

I installed mine a couple of weeks ago. Went on very easily and I did not have to trim them at all. I was worried that there would be a clearance issue on the exhaust, but I have plenty of clearance between the hose and my powerbomb.