Sign in to follow this  

Help ASAP

My 09 is suffering from a bogging problem but i have different symptoms than anyone else. The bogging only happens after I have used up about 1/3 tank of gas and progressively gets worse as the fuel level gets lower. When the bogging first starts it is only under WOT and is intermittant but as I ride more and use up more gas it bogs 100% of the time under WOT and then it gets worse to the point where it will bogs under 90% throttle then 80% then 70% and so on.

My problms stared 1.5 tanks of gas after installing the EVOMX tank foam. I then removed the foam and the bike ran a little better but not much. Today I took the tank off as well as the pump that sits inside. I found that there were 3 cubes that I didnt remove but more importantly, I found a lot of foam debris. I was wondering if it would be safe to try and purge the pump in the tank by blowing compressed air through it in the opposite direction the fuel flows.

I would not blow air through your system in fear of harming the fuel pump. It sounds like your fuel filter has become clogged with the foam debris.

Not sure if you can take the throttle body apart enough to really clean it bit I think you are going to find more foam debris. Booooo that sucks, hope the injector is not clogged.

My problms stared 1.5 tanks of gas after installing the EVOMX tank foam.

Ouch, sorry to hear about your issues, but thanks for the heads up.

WE had a simlar problem on our yamaha road race bikes using i beleive @ the time it was Fast racing fuel it had a lot of fiber in it and would clog up the fuel filter and the pump in the tank

the foam is bad news.it has plugged up your pump.

Im not convinced. Why would it run fine with a full tank and then progressively get worse? I would think that if the pump was plugged it would run consistantly bad.

Im not convinced. Why would it run fine with a full tank and then progressively get worse? I would think that if the pump was plugged it would run consistantly bad.

ok,good luck. :)

It gets worse because as the volume of fuel goes down the fuel vaporizes more when entering the fuel filter. This will also increase as the temps go up.

When to fuel vaporizes more the fuel pump cannot keep up with the demand that the motor needs if the fuel filter is somewhat clogged. More fuel in the tank takes longer to heat up thus vaporizes slower. Mine did almost the same thing. If I let the bike cool and filled the tank it would run better until the level got down.

We still have no part # yet from Honda, but I see one very soon.

i would be contacting that foam company and tell them what happened and make them make it right!!

sorry to hear bout your troubles

what you do is run the foam in your clothes dryer on low or no heat for about a half an hr before you put it in your tank , this removes the small pieces that are produced when it is cut up , it wont give any problems after that :)

ok,good luck. :)

Ed, are you saying to skip the foam? I thought about getting some..........

Im not convinced. Why would it run fine with a full tank and then progressively get worse? I would think that if the pump was plugged it would run consistently bad.

Think of it like this, as you use fuel the concentration of crap gets higher....

Full tank dilutes the particles, less fuel concentrates the amount of particles available to get sucked up by the pump.