Sign in to follow this  

Kickstand rub against swingarm

ive noticed that there is a gash in my swingarm from my kickstand rubbing against it. i dont see that on too many other bikes in pictures here.

i searched and couldent find this issue in the forum. please direct me to the proper thread if i missed it.

should i grind my kickstand so the metal protrusion dosent rub or should i invest in a whole new kickstand? is there anything cheaper than the promoto billet. it looks amazing but it is pretty pricey.

either the portion of the frame where the stand mounts or the stand itself is bent i would think. not a normal situation.

even if the return springs were stretched, it shouldn't contact the swingarm. it would just flop around a little.

either the portion of the frame where the stand mounts or the stand itself is bent i would think. not a normal situation.

even if the return springs were stretched, it shouldn't contact the swingarm. it would just flop around a little.

yeah niether mine nor my riding buddy's does this. you have some kind of problem. mybe it bent when i was dumped sometime. if that's the case i would think you should be able to tell by the angle the bike stands at when it's on the kickstand.:)