Question about exhausts for UK members

My bike is due for an MOT this year and I have a few concerns about aftermarket pipes passing the test. I searched for the MOT requirements for bike exhausts and found the following:

http://www.motuk.com/Motorcycle%20MOT.htm

EXHAUST SYSTEM

The decibel level will be assessed at the discretion of the tester, other checks are:

* The exhaust mountings must be secure and not fouling any part of the rear suspension

* The exhaust must not be holed and free from leaks from both joints and box(es)

* Replacements units, other than bikes registered before 01.Jan.1985, must have the BSAU 193 stamp

Has anyone in the UK had any issues with aftermarket exhausts either with MOT tests or police?

TIA

i dont have an aftermarket exhaust but my E is pretty loud. it never had a problem going through MOT but the local constab always comment on the noise level. nothing ever comes of it tho. as long as it has the BSAU 193 stamp, they are cool about it.

Thanks for the replies all.

I think I have a friendly MOT station closeby, I'll stop by tomorrow and ask a few questions.

Regarding the BS stamp, I have read on some forums from a Google search that pipes from other countries that have similar markings to the BS stamp should be fine. I noticed on my Remus that the silencer has an "E4" stamp. However, I really doubt that the Remus slip-on I have is road legal, it's pretty loud. ?

Well once I've dyno'd my slightly modified E model system which has all the right stamps & makes no more noise than the standard SM, I'll let you know. But there is no legal requirement for a bike engine to be started for an MOT, other than if the tester chooses to, to check the exhaust for leaks ! there is no legal requirement to test the exhaust noise level, hence the reason it says "at the testers discretion". I've never met a bike MOT tester that would fail a bike exhaust on noise, unless the db level was criminal. Just look at Ducati's there is no way in hell they meet EU noise regs, but they sell them with an EU stamp !!!!