Sign in to follow this  

backpack for trails

what kind of pack do you guys wear when riding? (if you wear one at all) ... im looking at riding with some big crowds.... enough to carry some lunch...a few tools... some water... and possibly a glock :) .... just not sure how well a regular book bag would stay on which is what i have for now (has no clips for strapping it to my waist)

I've been running a CamelBak hydration pack (100oz). I can get some lunch, plenty of water, cell and some gear in there and still fit it over my riding gear/chest protector. The nice thing is being able to take a sip on the trail as I ride.

Fly Convertible. Great product. Well made, extremely adjustable and versatile. Comes with it's own 50 oz. hydro bladder, and holds my 70 oz. Camelback bladder with more than enough additional storage than I need, without being bulky and heavy. Picked mine up in the pro shop of a local ride area for $110. :):banghead:

08FlyChestProtHydroDetailLG.gif

I have an older Camelbak Lobo. It would fit everything you need it to. The glock may be a tight fit, but if you put a smaller bladder in it you will have more than enough room.

I have a 50oz bladder from my kids camelbak that I use when I need more "items" instead of more water.

any camelback is the way to go...

can store tools, food, and u have water which helps a lot..

i like that camelbak mule their... about about to start doing some hiking on the appalachian trail soon... along with some backpacking through europe... it'll make a nice companion and save me from having to carry bottles of water :)

i think id fill it with gatorade lol

I run a regular back pack over my Acerbis chest protector with my cheapy hydro pack under it. It has no cross straps either. I just keep the main straps a little tight and let them settle in on top of the shoulder area toward the neck hole. I hall lunch, tools and even spare gas in empty oil quarts (just not in the same zippered section as lunch). At first it seamed bulky but now I almost forget it's there, even through whooped out tight single track.

I run a regular back pack over my Acerbis chest protector with my cheapy hydro pack under it. It has no cross straps either. I just keep the main straps a little tight and let them settle in on top of the shoulder area toward the neck hole. I hall lunch, tools and even spare gas in empty oil quarts (just not in the same zippered section as lunch). At first it seamed bulky but now I almost forget it's there, even through whooped out tight single track.

yeah i hear yah on the gas thing... its always good to have a quad or something with you to carry a gas can full of premix hah

I have a True Adventure Gear Storm pack, it seems to work great so far. I bought it to use for snowmobiling origionally, but didn't want to buy another pack for biking and I haven't had any problems. At the time they didn't have a hydration pack for it, so I still have to load up bottles of water, but its got plenty of pockets and room to store tools and stuff in.

http://www.tagear.us/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=69

I use my CamelPak as both a back pack or hydration pack. Depends on what I feel i need to carry with me at the time. If I want to go lite then I take the bladder out and carry 2 small water bottles and whatever else I need...tools, etc

Fly Convertible. Great product. Well made, extremely adjustable and versatile. Comes with it's own 50 oz. hydro bladder, and holds my 70 oz. Camelback bladder with more than enough additional storage than I need, without being bulky and heavy. Picked mine up in the pro shop of a local ride area for $110. :):banghead:

08FlyChestProtHydroDetailLG.gif

I always wondered when they were gonna merge a chest protector with a camelbak. I'm running a camelbak ontop of my chest protector, Ive tried many different ways of wearing it and nothing is comfy, it ALWAYS restricts movement. needless to say I'm buying one of these right now!!! Thanks for posting! :banghead:

the fly convertable looks great... my b-pack has a cross strap I picked it up @ gander mountain its for hiking. i think its a kelty you can find them @ most outdoors store or sporting goods store

My cheap-azz Kmart book bag has worked fine for years and you can't beat the price at four bucks. It'll even carry a twelve-pack of bottles with room to spare...

More expensive != better

Zacspeed also, super comfortable, durable and I've actually used mine:banana: . Their customer service is AWESOME!!!!