how to convince parents to take me riding?

Don't do dumb shit like my kid, because he'd be riding right now, but since he decided to act without thinking, he won't be riding for another month.

Act like your grandmother. (basically the same suggestions as above, and do it cheerfully even if you hate scrubbing toilets, act like you like it.)

Don't do dumb shit like my kid, because he'd be riding right now, but since he decided to act without thinking, he won't be riding for another month.

Act like your grandmother. (basically the same suggestions as above, and do it cheerfully even if you hate scrubbing toilets, act like you like it.)

Smacaroni

I definitally know what your talking about there. I was a DA when I was younger and because of it I missed several out of state hunting trips.?

-->This is B.S! Kids, do as your told, but if you "act" like your having fun while you scrub shit, then your gonna run into some real anger repression issues down the road.

JUST MY 2 CENTS!

All the above is good advise, but in addition, here's what worked for my kids. Talk your dad into getting a bike. Tell him how cool it would be for the 2 of you to ride together. Once he gets on a bike he will be hooked, and begging you to go ride. He'll be telling your mom "He's been so good and doing so well in school, I really think I ought to take him riding this weekend instead of cleaning out the gutters and fixing the leaky toilet." How can your mom argue with that?

-->This is B.S! Kids, do as your told, but if you "act" like your having fun while you scrub shit, then your gonna run into some real anger repression issues down the road.

JUST MY 2 CENTS!

Ok, maybe I went too far. What I mean is don't sit there and bitch about what ever you were told to do.

I hate doing some things, like dishes. I'd rather scrub a toillet, honest. Now changing a wax ring (the thing that keeps the toilet from leaking at the base) or anything to do with the non-pressurized side of the plumbing that's a draw. But complaining while you're doing this is giving negative vibes to that act you're doing is supposed to convey positive vibes.

All the above is good advise, but in addition, here's what worked for my kids. Talk your dad into getting a bike. Tell him how cool it would be for the 2 of you to ride together. Once he gets on a bike he will be hooked, and begging you to go ride. He'll be telling your mom "He's been so good and doing so well in school, I really think I ought to take him riding this weekend instead of cleaning out the gutters and fixing the leaky toilet." How can your mom argue with that?
I'm under the impression his parents ride and perhaps he even has a bike, but doesn't get to go anywhere to ride, like he's only allowed on the farm?

Details please subby.

Get good grades. Do what they tell you to do and do your chores without being asked.

Exactly...no parent wants to reward a child that doesn't do good in school, do as they're told or doesn't pull their weight around the house.

As for the convincing part

1) It'll get you out of the house

2) It'll broaden your social skills

3) It'll get you involved in a hobby/sport

4) It'll give you incentive to work harder around the house CUZ ridin aint free!!!!!!!!

ETC.