Sign in to follow this  

Ktm Smc 690

I have just purchased and received the ktm smc 690. After reading in this forum about some problems the bike has, it makes me feel that I might have made the the wrong decision with purchasing this bike. Can any one please tell me what do you think of this bike, are they reliable bikes exe..

Thanks guys

Well, you had to knew that you werent buying a Honda?

I actually don't even know about any major problems with these bikes. Some bikes will stall with aftermarket exhaust but IMO that's not the end of the world.

I don't have mine long. The speedo clouded over and went south. But was replaced for free from KTM. Other then that mine and the few my friends have have been just fine. And its a gas to ride. Ride it and don't worry.....

YOU just bought a great bike that has high demand. The engine is stone reliable with decent service intervals. The little glitches will be easy to fix and a slip-on makes it awesome. Mine has never stalled, has a bitchin Wings slip-on and runs great. I relocated my rear signals and KTM is going to replace the ODO. Enjoy it!!!!

Thank you soooooo much guys I feel much better now!

Cheers

The more you ride it, the more you will like it.....

I have just purchased and received the ktm smc 690. After reading in this forum about some problems the bike has, it makes me feel that I might have made the the wrong decision with purchasing this bike. Can any one please tell me what do you think of this bike, are they reliable bikes exe..

Thanks guys

What did you buy a 2008 or 2009?

I have a deposit on a 2009 690 SMC and I am itchin' to get it!

So even you and I are rolling the dice with this bike, who cares, ride and enjoy!

:)

YOU just bought a great bike that has high demand. The engine is stone reliable with decent service intervals. The little glitches will be easy to fix and a slip-on makes it awesome. Mine has never stalled, has a bitchin Wings slip-on and runs great. I relocated my rear signals and KTM is going to replace the ODO. Enjoy it!!!!

Mine is on the way from Canada.... :)

What map are you running.... The Akra slip-on map?

Thanks!!!

I have got the 2008 model, this bike gives me such a hard time.. I will write about it under a new title..

I am runing the standard map..I still have not put on the Akra slip - on and not sure if I will..I am begining to get fed uo with this bike and it only has 450m on it.