Sign in to follow this  

what do u think she is worth???

ok i know u guys prolly get alot of questions like this but who better to ask then u guys! i have made up my mind on buying a drz for my next bike. got the money. going to buy used n put the rest of the cash towards mods.

anyway i havent seen to many for sale in my area in the last few months. but i did find one recently. an 01 klx 400s with 1200 miles! i dont have pics sorry. but the thing is MINT not one flaw that i could find! the paint on the frame by the foot pegs isnt even wore. its bone stock except for new rubber. d606's i think.

the guy wants 3500 firm! i thought maybe that was a little high for an 01. but since its in such good shape and so few miles i thought maybe it was worth it? what do you guys think?

I would say that is way high. I'm not sure about the KLX, but since I think it is the same as the DRZ "S", it has a differant suspension than the '02 and "E" models. that will be expensive if you need to retune your suspension. Seems like there were other diff's on the '01, just can't remember. I paid under $5000 for my "S" new in '02. So I would think an 8 year old perfect condition bike should be about 1/2. But I don't know. Check the diff's, point that out to him. Offer him much less, and then keep looking elsewhere. He may after a week or 2 let you have it.

but i did find one recently. an 01 klx 400s with 1200 miles! i dont have pics sorry. but the thing is MINT
The the KLX400 was only a 2003 model.
I'm not sure about the KLX, but since I think it is the same as the DRZ "S", it has a differant suspension than the '02 and "E" models.

There were two models of the KLX400. The KLX 400SR is the same as a DRZ 400S. The KLX 400R is the same as the DRZ 400E.

The price is too high.

Tipsy

oops i ment 03! sorry! iv been lookin at alot of ads latle and got mixed up. my wife works with the guy he is around 50 and he bought the bike to ride with his son. and now his kid is into street bikes so he said if he can get 3500 he will sell it otherwise he's keepin it.

oops i ment 03! sorry! iv been lookin at alot of ads latle and got mixed up. my wife works with the guy he is around 50 and he bought the bike to ride with his son. and now his kid is into street bikes so he said if he can get 3500 he will sell it otherwise he's keepin it.
This one in FL with 320 miles on the clock didn't get any bids at $2700.

Too many deals out there to waste you hard earned $$$.

Tipsy

It really is way too much, but if it really is mint and its from somebody you trust it might be worth it. Just tell everyone that you talked him down a grand and got it for 2,500. After you tell about 10 people you will start to believe your lie. :)

This is just my opinion, so take it for what its worth.

Prices usually go up as weather starts getting warmer(this is very location dependent). I really don't think the price is that bad with spring and summer coming up and the bike is in mint condition.

Local sales are almost always higher priced than ebay. Motorcycles on Ebay are a wildcard and hard to use as reference because many people who would buy the bike won't bother because:

- can't personally inspect it

- shipping can be as much as 1/5th of the price (on bikes in the DRZ's price range) if the bike is too far to pick up

- unsure titles

- cross state registration concerns

I have made a few $100 on buying bikes on ebay that are close enough to drive and pick up and then reselling them locally on craigslist. You'd be surprised how many people won't bother with ebay when it comes to vehicles.

That being said, the price could be a bit better, try to get him down lower, but if you like the bike and have the money, go for it. A bike in the garage is worth more than numbers in a bank account :)

yeah im not interested in shipping a bike i cant see/inspect first! i like to stay "in state" unless its an awesome deal!

I'd say it's high. I got an 02 with 5050 miles for $1500

and it's in great condition with a few extras