Sign in to follow this  

Front sprocket

I'm changing my front sprocket and noticed a lot of movement in and out on the old sprocket. Is this normal? The splines on my output shaft are in good condition. Also my sprocket has a raised part on one side of it. Does this side go toward the case? I've looked everywhere including my honda shop manual and I can't find any information on it. I'm probably the only one on this forum that doesn't know how to install a front sprocket.

I'm changing my front sprocket and noticed a lot of movement in and out on the old sprocket. Is this normal? The splines on my output shaft are in good condition. Also my sprocket has a raised part on one side of it. Does this side go toward the case? I've looked everywhere including my honda shop manual and I can't find any information on it. I'm probably the only one on this forum that doesn't know how to install a front sprocket.

Well the original has front marked on it so if the aftermarket doesn`t say then it either doesn`t matter,or the company that made it should smarten up and at least mark an "F" on the front side...doesn`t sound like you would be at fault not knowing this:thumbsup:

And yes there is a fair bit of play when it`s mounted to the shaft,if you see no wear on the CS splines i wouldn`t worry it`s normal..put some grease on the splines at assembly too!!!!!

B

I just changed my sproket two weeks ago and I believe that the play is normal! :)

Thanks for info. I thought I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Can`t say i blame you for asking,i almost had a "postal" moment when i first say that on mine:foul:

B