Sign in to follow this  

fulmer helmets

i got the new rx2 helmet for christmas this year... this one has like a gloss on it to protect the pait job on it. now it peeling off. what is this stuff and can i buy it and refinish it?

I hate to down your gear, but Fulmer is cheap because it's cheap. It's better than nothing, but you want to save your money and buy something better. I'd recommend HJC, it's gonna cost you $20-30 more for what appears to be an equivalent helmet, but it's much better protection.

If you have a $10 head, wear a $10 helmet.

I just looked at the site. Says your helmet id DOT approved not Snell approved. Snell, which is not mandatory, is a higher standard than DOT.

Like Smacaroni said, you're better off with something like a HJC or other brand that meets or exceeds Snell standards.

i dont know if you could fix it without it lookin like crap i have a fullmer for my street bike but my hjc dirtbike helmet gets used way more

I had a friend get a fulmer from the motosports store he worked for. Well it broke from the first minor crash.cracks at jaw line and the foam was full of micro cracks... Not a good helmet at all. He wanted to use it for a practice helmet till we ripped the whole front (jaw section) off for his saftey.

I just looked at the site. Says your helmet id DOT approved not Snell approved. Snell, which is not mandatory, is a higher standard than DOT.

I can't remeber where I read it but somewhere on here there is a link to a site that explains the difference between dot and snell approval. The basic gist of it was that a snell approved helmet means that it is tested and approved for high speed collision protection. The materials used for head protection collapse progressively, so a helmet that is built to protect you from a high speed impact may have stiffer materials that provide less sufficiant protection in a low speed incedent. That being said, I've beatin the crap outta my old hjc including a few impacts that I probably should have replaced it after:smirk: and its done its job really well. It's a well built hemet for a pretty good price.