Sign in to follow this  

Middle Creek snow?

I'm heading up to Penny tomorrow AM and will give a full report:banana:

Just got back from doing sixty plus miles at PP. Snow is really not the issue, but there are downed trees across most of the trails. Some are pretty big that require you to umph your bike over - hopefully you'll be with a buddy who can help. Lots of puddles, some quite big, consider all to be deep enough to swallow your bike (consult Ossidog on that subject) I'd recommend carrying a Corona Razor saw to help clear the trails of some of the "smaller" trees. Some are neck level, some can be ridden around, and like I said some you scratch your head and just havta hump your bike over, like the two on Trail seven. Otherwise it's very decent up there:thumbsup:

Just got back from doing sixty plus miles at PP. Snow is really not the issue, but there are downed trees across most of the trails. Some are pretty big that require you to umph your bike over - hopefully you'll be with a buddy who can help. Lots of puddles, some quite big, consider all to be deep enough to swallow your bike (consult Ossidog on that subject) I'd recommend carrying a Corona Razor saw to help clear the trails of some of the "smaller" trees. Some are neck level, some can be ridden around, and like I said some you scratch your head and just havta hump your bike over, like the two on Trail seven. Otherwise it's very decent up there:thumbsup:

Thanks and a Corona saw may be part of my backpack soon.

Rode cow yesterday with my corona saw. Never ride without one in winter. The blow down wood was the most ive scene in years.

Rode cow yesterday with my corona saw. Never ride without one in winter. The blow down wood was the most ive scene in years.

all the hard working guys in NBMC have been up cutting trees out of the trails to get ready for both the Cross Cut and Sawmill enduro's coming up in April 4th and 5th!! come out and ride a time keeper!!:)

Yep - this sums up the place for sure... Was there today and sled ridge was dusty, the rest was great other than the down trees. Most have been cleared other than the two mentioned above - they are mid thigh level across the trail and no real easy way to get around... Snow is minor, some in the shade. Lots of puddles, some very deep - buddy hit one and almost swamped his bike, I found a rut that had to be 2 feet deep and full of water... One guy in another group we saw broke his leg and they got him out on a quad - Great riding for us and we got in about 50 miles...

Jason