Sign in to follow this  

Starting problems on CR125R 1985 HELP!!!

I just had the block bored and honed, changed some bearings in crankcase and changed out crankcase. It has spark its getting fuel. I ran one tank through after bore (taking it easy). Put some more mix in and fired it up and it rev'd real high (didnt adjust air or idle) Well i pissed around with the simple adjustments after popping the top of carb to see if anything was sticking. Unhooked air etc. Everything in working order. Well adjusted idle and air to specs outta manual. Fired it up and idled high but not as high then went to probably 500-1000 r's higher than normal. Reved it half throttle a couple of times seemed fine. Put tools away and hopped on it and it died. Wouldnt start back up but backfired a couple of times. Took plug out, Fried, so went and got another NGK, gapped, slapped it in and nothing!! Got my multimeter out, it has power everywhere it should. Thought it was a jacked up kill switch grounding it out. Took that off seperated the wires, was getting spark on plug but would not start. Fuel is in the block. everything seems to be in order but wont fire. Got it to backfire once after triple checking everything. Please some insight would be helpful.

I looked all over the electrical and dont know if i am getting a ground somewhere or if one of the electrical components are out. Please some ideas so frustrated.

The pilot and choke circuit are plugged. Blow all the ports out of the carb with cleaner and compressed air then try again.

i used a whole can of carb cleaner almost. i will do it all again though and use the canned air also. Will let you know if it works. Sure hope so, sick of seeing everyone ride by my house and im stuck in the garage pissin around.

well redid the carb, took everything apart competely and cleaned everything. Nothing. Well had a buddy come over with digital multimeter and went back through the electrical and its the pulser that is mounted on the stator that took a crap. Trying to find another now. thought i had a new one for 31 bucks but they discontinued them so now i am still looking. Ebay has a couple but they are selling flywheel and stator all together and its a hundred bucks. Dont want everything but may have to settle for it unless someone on here knows where i can find just the stator. Will pay 40-50. Dont need the flywheel. Thanks for your input.

Is it possible that you have a hole in the rubber boot between the carb and the reeds? Sounds like it is a lean problem? Just thinking??