Sign in to follow this  

04 CRF450 Won't start when hot

Hey lookin for a little help. My 04 450 will not start when the bike is hot, I try using the hot start as well. Seems like the bike is getting too much gas. if I shut off the gas and dump the carb it will eventually start but there has to be something I can do to prevent this. Is there a carb adjustment or any other tips that I can try?

Thanks for the help.

check your valve adjustment. When the intakes get tight the bike gets hard to start.

I had the same problem in warmer weather, someone here recommended going in a 1/4 turn on the pilot and problem was fixed. The manual was right on for adjustments with the carb, so that might be a thing to check, especially the pilot. Mine started fine when cold but was tough when warm. As the last post said, your valves might be out as well, which should cause a lean condition. my 2 cents

I agree with the previous post. If your valves are in spec, then you might try turning the fuel screw in by 1/4 turn.

check your valve adjustment. When the intakes get tight the bike gets hard to start.

ye sus ur valves mate my 04's in the shop atm gettin revavlded. same thign with mine but eventualy wouldnt kick over had to bump start it. so took it in an vales were gone an they rekon lucky coz if u ride with shot valves u can drop em then ur up for big $$$$$$$$$...