Sign in to follow this  

How many links for 15x47 sprockets

Ordering up a new Regina chain. How many links would work for 15 front sprocket, instead of stock 14, and 47 rear sprocket?

The Thumpertalk store has the Regina in 114 links, but not the stock 112. Would 114 work since I am increasing the size of the front sprocket, or is that too long?

Ordering up a new Regina chain. How many links would work for 15 front sprocket, instead of stock 14, and 47 rear sprocket?

The Thumpertalk store has the Regina in 114 links, but not the stock 112. Would 114 work since I am increasing the size of the front sprocket, or is that too long?

Based on the info in this thread (Post #8), it looks like 112 will work.

I used the search method described here to find your answer in about four seconds.

Tipsy

114 will be too long IMO. 112 is what you want for 14 or 15/47.

Just find a local shop to remove one link if you do nat have the tool to do it.

Roger that.

Ordered the tool to go with it.

Also got the OEM new case saver to accomodate the 15 tooth front sprocket. The new OEM parts ordering system at TT made that a lot easier.

114 will be too long IMO. 112 is what you want for 14 or 15/47.

Bumping an old thread to confirm this is accurate. I have enough work to do and want to order the proper length chain so I dont have to cut it.

So I am going with 15/47 and was thinking of going 114 links since stock is 112 links with a 44 tooth rear. Would you DRZ addicts confirm this for me?

I run a 15/47 combo and a 112 link chain. It's fine. On the snail shell chain adjusters, it's set a notch or two after the number 1. So it might be a tad short. But that way I can run a 14 tooth front sprocket, or a 44 tooth rear sprocket and not have too long of a chain.

you can run a 114 link chain with 15/47 sprockets. i run a 114 link chain with 14/47 sprockets. the adjusters are all the way out, but it works perfectly that way. with the bigger front sprocket, the adjusters would not even be all the way out.

112 works as well, though. the only reason i'm running 114 is that was how many links the chain had when i bought it, and i didn't feel like breaking it to take the extra links out.

You can always cut the 114 down to 112 if your unhappy. I have 15 47 and i got a 120 link which was way to long and just cut it down then used the master link. if your super worried get a 114, but everyone here agrees a 112 will work fine. plus the chain will stretch a little over time.

I have 15/47 with 112 links on mine. The adjuster is just under "1" on a nearly new chain. My tape measure says that 114 links would make the chain too long for the adjuster on my 2003 DR-Z400S.

I have 15/47 with 112 links on mine. The adjuster is just under "1" on a nearly new chain. My tape measure says that 114 links would make the chain too long for the adjuster on my 2003 DR-Z400S.

your tape measure is lying to you. unless there is some difference between 2003 and 2009 DRZs...but i don't think so.