What weight rider is a 09 kxf250 setup for standard

Hi Guys,

As the title says, what weight rider is a 09 kxf250 setup for standard? im about 12 stone 7 in the mornings. I road a track wed which got really rough, i started on 7 clicks from hard which felt good and as it got rougher went down. After 5 clicks from hard it didnt matter what i dont the bike was all over the place. Im not sure if its cos i couldnt ride it that rough or the suspension.

Is that with your kit on though? also are those setting as standard and you should adjust from that point? i thought rebound and compresion should be the same number of clicks?

It says "rider weight"... Frankly I´m not sure what to say about that... It should say "without gear" or sometng like that, then it wouldn´t be misunderstood... Maybe you can call or e-mail TG?

The standard number of clicks have nothing to do with each other, they don´t have to be tha same but they can be...

The manufacturers just usually choose valving that will allow a "standard" setting to be around half the number of available clicks. Usually there is about 20-22 clicks available.

This way the rider can make adjustments both ways, since Kawi don´t know what everyone weighs and prefers...

As for the recommended clicks, I don´t think you should go by the 2008 table, since the valving is new for 2009.

MXA says this about KXF 2009 settings:

Fork:

spring rate 0.44

Oil amount 306 cc

Comp 9 clicks out

Rebound 9 clicks out (11 stock)

Fork leg height 5 mm up

Shock:

Spring rate 5,4

Race sag 100 mm

High comp 1-1/4 turns out (2-1/4 stock)

Low comp 9 clicks out (12 stock)

Rebound 10 clicks out (12 stock)

i was told the 09 model suited around the 85kg class, i am 70 kgs and am going 2 go to a 4.8 rear spring for racing because i cant get the right sag settings, 90mm of say equals 50mm static sag, no good

all rider weights are with full kit on as far as i know it would be pointless setting it up without your kit on really it does tend to wiegh quite a bit

Yeah, that must be the case. No reason to discuss weight of the person, when no one rides in the nude. Well, not that many anyway...?

Rider weight is with full gear on. I´m convinced of that now.

I gotta go weigh my gear now.

i was told the 09 model suited around the 85kg class, i am 70 kgs and am going 2 go to a 4.8 rear spring for racing because i cant get the right sag settings, 90mm of say equals 50mm static sag, no good

Don´t you think a 4.8 rear spring is too light?

This is what Race-tech says about your shock:

"Recommended Rear Shock Spring Rate: 4.95 kg/mm (use closest available)

Stock Shock Spring Rate: 5.1 kg/mm (stock)"

I was under the impression that stock was 5.4?

And the forks:

"Recommended Fork Spring Rate: 0.423 kg/mm (use closest available)

Stock Fork Spring Rate: .450 kg/mm (stock)"

I thought 0.44 was stock?

stock forks .45 stock shock 5.1, i weigh 160 without gear my problem is to much compression front and rear,i had it done twice i have the back very good now but i need to take out a little more high speed out of the front,this will help stay in turns better. 09 run more compression than the 07,08s. also recomended sag is around 105-108mm.