Sign in to follow this  

should i buy a crf450r?

hi, im tryin to figure out what baike to get i want a dirtbike to put a baja kit on it but would a 450 last long while riding it on the roads often??

Get the KTM 690 enduro r that is already setup for the road. I think it would hold up better if you plan riding on the road alot.

hi, im tryin to figure out what baike to get i want a dirtbike to put a baja kit on it but would a 450 last long while riding it on the roads often??

don't do it. The intake valves will not last and the bike holds less than a qt of oil.

my 450 has been on the streets for over 2 yrs with no major problems (knock on wood) except for evaporating tires. mine has stainless valves and im a maintenance freak so oil changed every other ride.

don't do it. The intake valves will not last and the bike holds less than a qt of oil.

I think sportbiker has a point... usually bikes ridden on the street get a lot more time on them than bikes primarily ridden off road. Bikes designed for street use require much less maintenance... things like oil changes and valve adjustments can go much longer without needing to be done.

If you are cool with the higher maintenance schedule, go for the crf 450, else look for something more street friendly.

Can you make a crf 450 street legal in illinois? Pretty hard to do in CA.

They have an external oil tank for more capacity. I think Baja Designs sells it.. It mounts right up front between the frame rails.