Sign in to follow this  

2000 Suzuki DRZ400S Stock Carburetor to Keihin FCR-MX Carburetor

I am considering purchasing and installing a Keihin FCR-MX 41 Carburetor on my DRZ400S. I am looking for a great deal on the FCR Carburetor and know some four-wheelers use this carburetor. Does anyone know the year, make, and model of such four-wheelers? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

The FCR 41 MX is to big for a stock application. The correct carb is the FCR 39 MX.

The one in the ThumperTalk store is a FCR-MX 41 though...

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/product_p/int_keihin_drzfcrmx41.htm

It is stock bore; however, I want to get a big bore kit in the near future. I want the ability to upgrade in the future.

This is the one you want.

Unless you're going to build a stroker, 39mm is correct...even with the big-bore.

Tipsy

Alright, do you know of any four wheelers that use this carburetor? Thank you for your assistance.

Dunno much about 4 wheelers, the LTZ400s might have had them, that's about the only one I might guess at.

Maybe because the 39 is so rare? Maybe it's a bigger has to be better scenario.

Is there a specific model of the Keihin Carburetor I need or do they only make one Keihin FCR-MX 39mm?

I found a great deal on an FCR-MX 39; however, it is the part #016-927 with Hot Start, TPS, and Air Cut Valve. The one in the ThumperTalk store is part #016-925 without TPS, Hot Start, and Air Cut Valve. Will the 016-927 work wtih my DRZ400S? Thank you for your assistance.

What is up with everyone wanting 41's lately?

To make more intake noise....:)

Erling

Alright, I found a carburetor; however, it does not have a removable bell. I found a solution here for a TRX450R: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=160284984210. Can anyone confirm the diameter of the TRX450R air box is the same as the DRZ400S air box (2 3/8") Thank you in advance for your assistance.