Sign in to follow this  

Remove Judder Spring?

OK i have a quick question i took apart my clutch yesterday and now i understand how the judder spring works.... would i have any problems if i just took it and its seat out using the stock clutch plates and fiber disks?

OK i have a quick question i took apart my clutch yesterday and now i understand how the judder spring works.... would i have any problems if i just took it and its seat out using the stock clutch plates and fiber disks?

I believe you have to use another friction which will in effect make it an R clutch. If you bought an aftermarket set for an R already you can do it with no problems. Look at a fische online for an R and X and compare the two. I don't remember for sure if you need another friction, metal plate, or both.

i see no reason why i couldnt just remove the judder spring and spring seat... the larger inner diameter fricton plate isnt effected by the spring and seat.

i see no reason why i couldnt just remove the judder spring and spring seat... the larger inner diameter fricton plate isnt effected by the spring and seat.

True. I am not a big fan of removing things that were designed to work together. One plate should not be very expensive even from a local dealer. I agree it should work fine as the only difference is that last plate has a tad bit less friction material and a larger inner diameter. I don't have any experience running that set up. I removed my spring only because I bought an aftermarket clutch pack that did not accomodate the judder spring.

ya i was just wondering if u could run without it... ill probably just keep it in... i got some EBC 450R and 250R springs commin so we will c how i like it with the 450R springs and if its too stiff move to the 250R springs.