Sign in to follow this  

What tools

What tools come with the dr650se. I bought mine used and noticed no tool bag in the rear tool tube. a picure would be nice, also should i add any other tools.:)

make ur own kit

set of allen keys, adjustable spanner, 1/4inch drive ratchet set and 2 phillips (1 big 1 small) and 2 flatheads

What tools come with the dr650se. I bought mine used and noticed no tool bag in the rear tool tube. a picure would be nice, also should i add any other tools.:)

moto_psycho is right, make your own. The original tools are crappy :banghead:

Well, if there are no tool there you will have to make your own.

I think there was a crappy pair of pliers

maybe a 8 10 12 14 metric wrench

spark plug tool

I guess the most important tool would be the one for the axle bolt.

I don't remember what size it is but it not a size I normally carry. And without it can't adjust chain or pull the wheel if you have a flat.

I would like to find a nice case that I could fit most of the tool in and that I could carry in a place that would be out of the way.

I put the stock tools in the little canister and it would take an act of God to pull back out.

I guess the most important tool would be the one for the axle bolt.

I don't remember what size it is but it not a size I normally carry. And without it can't adjust chain or pull the wheel if you have a flat.

25mm, not sure what that is in hurry-up-and-convert-to-metric-already terms. If you don't have nuts that big just go with the girly shifter. The axle bolt should never be done up so tight that you would ever strip it

I have a set of metric wrenches from Harbor Freight, an 8" adjustable, metric allen wrenches (only the sizes I need) and a cool screwdriver I picked up at Autozone. The screwdriver has two double ended bits that fit into the reversible shank, really handy! Then there is the sparkplug socket with a 19mm hex top. And good pliers, of course.

I made my own tool roll out of 14oz. canvas treated with linseed oil (like a canvas tarp, waterproof but flexible and keeps the canvas from rotting).

Scattered around the bike there's stuff for tire repairs, patches, irons and a bicycle pump. Then under the seat is a small box for electrical repairs... a couple feet of extra wire, fuses, 4 wire nuts, tape and a few butt splice connectors...

Did I mention the tube of epoxy putty?

Did I mention how much I HATE getting stuck somewhere because I don't have something simple? :)

Whatever you use for a tool kit, work on the bike using ONLY that tool kit. That way you will know for certain you have what you need should you break down somewhere.

The front axle nut is 19mm.

25mm, not sure what that is in hurry-up-and-convert-to-metric-already terms. If you don't have nuts that big just go with the girly shifter. The axle bolt should never be done up so tight that you would ever strip it

The rear axle nut is a 24mm IIRC, definitely not 25mm as that doesn't exist (in normal applications at least).

Get two Motion Pro T6 aluminum tire irons with wrench sizes for the front and rear nut, I also have the 3/8" drive adapter. They work great and probably saved more than a pound from my tool kit.

The rear axle nut is a 24mm IIRC, definitely not 25mm as that doesn't exist (in normal applications at least).

Get two Motion Pro T6 aluminum tire irons with wrench sizes for the front and rear nut, I also have the 3/8" drive adapter. They work great and probably saved more than a pound from my tool kit.

normal or not its definately 25mm, at least in australia. Personally I just use a shifter because as you said it's not a normal size

In europe we don't have the same rearaxle nut as in the US. Ours is of the selflocking type and is definetly 24 mm as LukasM says. The Us one with a locking pin might be of different size although I really don't think so. In that case the toolkits would be differnt too.

Is that an adjustable wrench?

ah bonza mate yeah ya roight, sorry bout that bloke forgot I was ring-dinging in the ole you-es of ay. Ad-just-able wrench would be the appropriate lyrical switcheridoo for the ole shifter 'ere in oz-trail-ya

normal or not its definately 25mm, at least in australia. Personally I just use a shifter because as you said it's not a normal size

I've got Oz/NZ spec and US spec bikes and the US one with the castle nut/split pin is 24mm and the lock nut Oz/NZ is 24mm as well.

Sounds like your nut may have been replaced at some stage?