Sign in to follow this  

New Buyer

I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE?:) 08 wr250x 1100 miles,fat bars,very clean$4300,or 08 wr250x 3100 miles,fat bars,fmf slip on,fmf programer,emisions takin off (kit),couple scratchs,fell over,$4000 both bikes come with all stock parts, any comments? thanks in advance

Seems like a no brainer to me, Id take 1/3 of the miles and good condition for the extra $300 bucks anyday. Besides, half the fun is saving up your dough for the anticipation of installing a new mod yourself and getting the results 1x1.

A nice summer day spent installing a new part or removing airbox equipment and a ride afterwards: Priceless

low miles,thats kinda what I was thinkin,although $500 or more in aftermarket goodies dont sound to bad either,thanks for the input

I'd take the one with lower miles and offer him $4100.

Then add the programmer and pipe and be out the door for around than $4500 with less than half the miles and no scratches.

:)

thanks again,going to look (pick up) the low mile one tommorow

Geez, the more and more i look into this the prices south of the border that are being quoted for new and used 2008's can't be beat. i have looked on the forum about whats involved with importing into BC and i may just go this route with my purchase

Be prepared to have a first class pain in the ass with customs. I imported a bike from the US and what a nightmare that was. All I can say is, make sure you have ALL the paperwork signed and faxed to the point of entry. There is one form they fail to tell you that you need when you get there...that took another 3 hours to straighten out and they aren't the friendliest bunch either.

I would have gotten the higher mileage one, then i wouldn't have be weepy after my first big ugly off

thanks for the input, Shewolf - i used to drive a highway semi-truck and am quite familiar with the hassles that occur when one doesn't call the broker and make absolutely sure the cargo is cleared. having said that, for example with the prices for bikes in ohio plus import fees and canadian tire inspection it still looks feasible - i'm not finding any used wr250x's in canada... maybe thats a good thing but was kinda hoping someone might need to off theirs on account of finances... gotta study exactly what the difference between '08 and '09 models too

The biggest difference between the 08 and 09? Price and well.... That's about it

Picked up the lower mile wr250x friday,tried it out a little this weekend,this thing is going to fun!!

The biggest difference between the 08 and 09? Price and well.... That's about it

Down here, the '09 X has black plastics; the '08 is blue.

Of course; the blue ones are faster. :banghead:

Picked up the lower mile wr250x friday,tried it out a little this weekend,this thing is going to fun!!

Congrats on the new bike. :)