Sign in to follow this  

Is Fcr Carb Worth The $$$$

Iam looking to get more power .The fcr carb is expensive 561.00 dollars, is the return in power is worth the $$ ? for 489.00 dollars on ebay i can get the athena bb kit plus installion from my machanic for about 600 bucks .which one will give the most bang for the buck ? PS I HAVE YOSH RS3 3X3 DJ JET KIT:banghead:

Iam looking to get more power .The fcr carb is expensive 561.00 dollars, is the return in power is worth the $$ ? for 489.00 dollars on ebay i can get the athena bb kit plus installion from my machanic for about 600 bucks .which one will give the most bang for the buck ? PS I HAVE YOSH RS3 3X3 DJ JET KIT:banghead:

Both gives bang for bucks, so I would do both.

Myself , I started with the Athena kit and went on................

Everyone's wishlist differs. But what I can figure, the fcr is gonna boost even the stock motor. I would figure if you go athena first, you'll be dissapointed without the fcr. If the stock motor prefers it then the 440 must almost definately require it.

But what do I know, I bought a pipe before the fcr knowing the fcr should have been first.

jason

From what I hear, the fcr. FCR will pump out 3-4 hp. At $561 this gives you about $160/hp.

Not sure what the BB will pump out, but to match the cost per hp, it would have to get you about 7hp. This to me sounds unlikely.

I have stock motor with full pipe. I plan on doing the fcr, cams, and possibly BB. In that order.

I ahve a stock bore bike , the first mod i did after 3X3 + re jet was the fcr , WOW ! After the fcr i did cams , 'E cdi , header ( when i had an Akra slip on ) , ssw/mrd but with the fcr i saw the biggest difference .

I didn't bother with jet kits...had a stock bike. No 3x3. No nuttin.

Did BB, 41mm FCR, Hotcams, and springs along with a MRD/SSR pipe all in one shot.

That was noticable.

I didn't bother with jet kits...had a stock bike. No 3x3. No nuttin.

Did BB, 41mm FCR, Hotcams, and springs along with a MRD/SSR pipe all in one shot.

That was noticable.

guess so:lol: :):banghead: :banghead: :foul:

Well I've gone the alternate & cheaper route & added a CVK40 carb, you can check out the details in this thread.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=333381&highlight=cvk40

I've added a UK E-model complete exhaust, which is basically straight through & a lot cheaper than a slip-on or any other full system. I'll get it dyno'd shortly to see how this compares to the baseline dyno run of 34hp.

I can tell you it pulls a lot harder now & revs out much better. I saw 100mph on the clock the other day, I'm 100kilos & was wearing cordura riding kit sitting bolt upright on a dead level piece of road, with a 10-15mph tailwind & it pulled 90mph into the same wind. As standard it would only have managed 90mph with the wind !

ive done the 3x3 and re jet and

I could feel the diff.

just orderd the fcr-mx when installed will re post

high expectations for sure

Good is there anythng I should do to it before I install it

mod wise not jetting I know I need to do the O ring mod

Good is there anythng I should do to it before I install it

mod wise not jetting I know I need to do the O ring mod

Maybe pick up an extended fuel screw. Otherwise, if you get the TT kit, it's got everything you need.

What exactly is the point of the o ring mod? Ive looked at a few threads and it just tells you how to do it and not what its for.