bike dies when bars are turned hard right....

2000 WR 400 runs great. When at idle, if you turn the bars to the right, at a given point the bike starts to die.......if you turn them all the way, it dies immediately.

I tried changing the kill switch out thinking it was shorting.......still does it. Anyone have any ideas???? I am a fairly new rider with minimal experience troubleshooting this stuff.

Thanks in advance for reading and helping.

2000 WR 400 runs great. When at idle, if you turn the bars to the right, at a given point the bike starts to die.......if you turn them all the way, it dies immediately.

I tried changing the kill switch out thinking it was shorting.......still does it. Anyone have any ideas???? I am a fairly new rider with minimal experience troubleshooting this stuff.

Thanks in advance for reading and helping.

I would look at the manual and take of the headlight off and check the wiring. Check your throttle cable too.

yep, had that one too...i thought it was the kill switch too

mine did it after i fitted new bars with raisers...decomp lever just getting tension, enough to open it a bit

good luck

Add me to the tight decomp club, an easy fix though.

I seem to recall the same problem on my 650 right after I put taller bars on. I ended up loosening everything up and moving the kill switch, clutch lever/decomp inboard just a bit and it went away. Never could determine which it was, but same deal right hand turns only going real slow where you really crank the bars over.