Sign in to follow this  

Please Help!!

Once again we are at risk of loosing another motorcross track. For all who do not know Tomahawk MX in Berkely WV is and has been fighting a court battle with it's neighbors. Three households to be exact. Two of which were built after the track was built. To make a long story short the owner has beaten one court case but now faces a civil suit. To make things worse the county passed a noise ordinance not allowing anything over 60db during the day. A normal conversation can reach db levels of 50 db. This track has been the anchor in my sons racing career. He is certainly not the fastest of kids but when at Tomahawk he knows he can get good results and always has a great time. We, like a lot of people in the metropolatin area race the Mason Dixion Rider Association series and this track is one of if not the best they have to offer. It is a great series with awsome tracks. To lose Tomahawk due to a noise ordinance or a couple of upset neighbors would be tragic! I ask all of you in the mini divison and I will try to post this in other places to go to http://www.tomahawkmx.com/ and help support the track. He has some info. on how to contact the county commisioners to voice your opinion. Please don't let this track GO!!!

Thanks

Kevin

pffft, if we had a track, and it got taken away. I would ride my bike down the street all the time, at night, it doesnt matter.

make them regret taking your track away for such a effing BS reason.

or buy a small piece of land, or use your own, for a little half assed track, right beside those neighbors. get lights and run races at 3 am and see how they like it!

all I know is I would get last laugh if something like this happened to me. even if that meant selling my bike, and giving he 5000$ to some kid to burn those a holes houses down.

I got nothing good to offer here other than a bump and I HATE those people who move into an area and then complain about where they moved to. Jerks.:)

I had a situation where i was the last house on the block and after that it was open field my kids and I would ride out there ALL the time and did so for almost 3 years they added some condos and thats when the police started to show up first time they complained about the noise second time they reported we were riding through there yard rippin it up i told the police i ride in my yard and dont tear it up cause the ol lady would have my ass the police wanted to impound my bike about the third time they came out so I decided to move but the last few days before the move 1,2,3 am i was out there just rippin on the pipe prolly childish but it made me feel better

Hopefully Tomahawk MX will get a conservative judge that will tell the ppl that are bringing this civil suit where to stick it. They knew the track was there before they built their houses there.

Tomahawk should let Thumpertalk know if they can afford an awesome lawyer, and if they can't let some members donate some $ for one.

I operate a motocross track and have for over 20 years,my best advise is to try to come to a balance between the home owners and track owner.After spending many thousands in lawyer fees and court cost it was all for nothing. It took a mediator thur the court to finally decide the operation of my track(much later).As for the desip.test background noise is 55 dbs,that cities is unrealistic.

Have the neighbors ever ridden??? One ride on the track and they would change their stupid minds in a second.....

When the neighbors start thier lawnmowers...Call the police...Its over 50db.

Kelly