MDK Suspension Services?

This has probably been addressed, but I haven't seen anything and have been on reviewing posts on the forum for a while. If someone has a link to the this issue, please post it?

Question is, has anyone used MDK's suspensin revalve on their 250/450sxf? Seems like the place would have some kind of clue with the PDS shocks, but I don't know if they contract work out, like getting their exhausts from FMF. Thanks.

Aaron

They valve their own stuff, look at the suspension stickers, it says MDK suspension right on it. And MDK is a regular name with KTM haha, Who else is a big name in KTM racing beside MDK? they specialize in Lites bikes though more so than the SX bikes.

You should call Race Tech. I'm about to send another customers suspension down to them. They have some deal that they do to the rear shock to make it react better on braking bumps and stuff. I know the full revalve/respring is going to run you about $900-1,000 from Race Tech. MDK is weak. They might be building the suspension, but they are buying the parts from somebody else. Race Tech actually makes their own parts. And...the MDK bikes are NEVER anywhere to be seen on the racetrack, right????

Thanks for all the responses - Racetech comes up again and again, and seems like maybe the most reliable place. I'm looking to revalve an '09 250sxf is all, and like Stookes mentioned, MDK seem to specialize in the "lites." Plus there prices are so reasonable. Again, based on reviews here and other info, it does seem Racetech is the most preferred place among customers.

Mark, were you kidding about the MDK bikes not being seen on the racetrack? Martin Davalos just got second at Daytona. ? I know he's been up in the action earlier this year too, even if he isn't regularly on the podium.

Mark, were you kidding about the MDK bikes not being seen on the racetrack? Martin Davalos just got second at Daytona. ? I know he's been up in the action earlier this year too, even if he isn't regularly on the podium.

We turned our TV off so I don't get to see the races. But Davalos is fast and I'm not surprised to hear he's been up front (a few times). I'm just not sure the MDK thing is all that it's cracked up to be. Wey couldn't do much and what is the real diff between a lites bike and a 450 in terms of suspension set up when you're talking about full on factory support and parts? When you send your stuff to them you don't get the same stuff that's in the race bikes. I am not an MDK fan. Call Race Tech, you will be very satisfied. Besides the product the customer support at Race Tech is un real. I have called the techs there to ask them questions about oil height and other specs for bikes I've been working on and they totally hook up the knowledge. That is SO RAD!!!:banghead:

Racetech does great work. That being said, I'm sure that MDK knows what they are doing. Not only are they the Factry KTM team in the US, but they also support the Fire Police SX team that are running stock forks modified by MDK, not the SXS stuff like the factory boys are running. And if you think that they don't know how to set up a 450, go back and watch Sipes at Daytona...the bike seemed to be working just fine.

Personally I had Enzo do my suspension, and I couldn't be happier with it.

MDK is weak. They might be building the suspension, but they are buying the parts from somebody else. Race Tech actually makes their own parts. And...the MDK bikes are NEVER anywhere to be seen on the racetrack, right????

What do you mean? MDK is a WP supported team, meaning they have factory 52mm forks and factory trax shocks and they would test and have their own settings the same as I do in Australia. Most times it would be beneficial for everyone to have the correct information before posting and dishing out bad info.

Ken Wheeler

What do you mean? MDK is a WP supported team, meaning they have factory 52mm forks and factory trax shocks and they would test and have their own settings the same as I do in Australia. Most times it would be beneficial for everyone to have the correct information before posting and dishing out bad info.

Ken Wheeler

Ken, you missed my point. The thread is about sending off your suspension to MDK for a revalve. MDK does not sell the 52mkm forks and the trax rear shock to the public (yet) I hear they might, but the forks will cost $10,000 US. We are talking about a revalve for stock parts. I DO NOT trust MDK. I have no stomach left for Corporate America. MDK is trying to buy up all the stealerships it can and put as many others out of business as possible. The guy that owns MDK said in a Transworld interview that he doesn't plan to make money with MDK...W$F???? ?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i personally love the ohlins stuff and it is not that much more then a full revalve etc when you think about it. i have it on my 09 CRF450 and loved it so much i got it for my 08 505sx

if you want to stick with a revalve these two places were the best i found for a ktm in my research, bf i decided to go ohlins

MX Tech

Trail Tricks