Oiling Air Filter

I don't do the traditional soak and squeeze, and I don't spray the inside either.

I take my clean filter and spray the outside evenly (really well) with Maxima, then rub the oil in until every square inch is covered. Then I grease the rim of the filter and apply. Once the filter is screwed in, I go around the filter in a circle pressing it hard against the airbox to make sure it is sealed properly. The grease can really save you if the conditions get muddy or sandy.

yeah spray on oils are deffinatly a lot easier to apply. Buy some rubber gloves and then spray the filter inside and out and then squeeze it around and work it into the foam. Make sure not to put tooo toooo much oil on though because then its hard to start your scooter

On a quart of filter oil leave the foil on over the pour spout and poke several holes in it with a pushpin. That way you can control how much your pouring out and it makes it easy to cover your filter. Wear latex and gloves and work the oil into the foam.

I use PJ1 filter cleaner in a spray can. and PJ1 filter oil in a spray can.

1. completely soak the filter in the filter leaner, spray every square inch of it. 1 can lasts me about 10 air filter cleanings

2. let it sit for 5 minutes.

3. squeeze all the filter cleaner out into the garbage oil bucket.

4. take it into the house, and run it under the sink, hot water, for 5 minutes, while massaging it until the water that comes off is perfectly clean.

I can get a used air filter to literally look like brand new. the oil I use is red in color and washes out wayyy better than that twin air site showed. his clean filter was still blue. mine come out white again.

1. spray the whole surface of the outside of the ait filter.

2. spray a little on the inside.

3. spray around the edge lots that touches against the plastic of the airbox.

4. let it dry for 5 minutes.

5. install and you have basically a brand new air filter, thats perfectly oiled.

clean the air filter every 3 hours on the bike. replace the air filter every 10 cleanings. usually when I go to buy a new can of filter cleaner spray ill get a new air filter too.

I am trying this tomorrow, but what i plan on doing is pouring the oil into a ziplock freezer bag, put the filter in it, zip it closed and work the oil in that way. No mess on the hands and any oil not soaked up will be in left the bag ready to be reused.

I am trying this tomorrow, but what i plan on doing is pouring the oil into a ziplock freezer bag, put the filter in it, zip it closed and work the oil in that way. No mess on the hands and any oil not soaked up will be in left the bag ready to be reused.

youre better off to buy gloves and do it without the bag.

ive done it with the bag, after a day or two the oil gets super super sticky and the bag gets hard to work with, not to mention it catches all sorts of junk and dust from the shop. just not worth it. especially the way you mentioned. I would not pour oil into the bag the put in the filter. I sprayed the filter in oil until it was drenched, then put it in the bag and worked it around back and forth... the bag was basically only there to keep my hands clean because I had no gloves, otherwise its not the greatest idea.

just dont spray/pour too much oil into the filter. remember, if you put in too little, you can always put in more. but if you overfill it, its gonna pour out and you end up wasting.

use small amounts and gloves over a bucket or garbage can or something. there shouldnt be too much dripping out if you did it right ?

No you can use the bag just pour the filter oil back into the metal container.

read my post again, you obviously dont understand. there shouldnt be a significant amount of oil in the bag that drains back out, thats just a ridiculous amount of oil. the only true reaso for the bag is to spread the oil evenly throughout the filter while keeping your hands clean. your not going to get any oil to drip outta the bag back into your container, unless youre doing it wrong.

just get latex gloves, and lightly coat randomly at 10 different spots on the filter and mush it around with your hands. simple enough and youre not wasting any oil. start with small amounts and add more oil if needed opposed to soaking the filter in oil and putting the oil back into the container and making a mess.