2010 250 EFI spy pics

took the photo, blew it up and there’s an EFI throttle body there for sure boys. No question, that’s no FCR! The real benefit is going to be jetting. I ride from the valley floor to 6,000 ft elevation and it will be worth every penny! The real question is: did they take what they learned from the 450 and give this a winning powerband? I’ll let them play with it a year or 2 b4 I dive in. Let them fix the problems first. 2nd and 3rd generation technology is always better!

took the photo, blew it up and there’s an EFI throttle body there for sure boys. No question, that’s no FCR! The real benefit is going to be jetting. I ride from the valley floor to 6,000 ft elevation and it will be worth every penny! The real question is: did they take what they learned from the 450 and give this a winning powerband? I’ll let them play with it a year or 2 b4 I dive in. Let them fix the problems first. 2nd and 3rd generation technology is always better!

You are right, What I was seeing must be the condenser for the EFI below the throttle body.

hey i got a question. if you were to have an 08 or 09 rmz250 do you think that you could apply the 2010 fuel injection on it??

With all the sensors and electronics that go into it I would guess it would be cost-prohibitive, especially if it didn't work right, then what would you do? ? Spend more to try to figure it out? Just sell yours and get the EFI would make the most sense.

But if you could retrofit for $700-$800? Hmmmm maybe?? ...well then you'd have a stock EFI bike. What else could you have spent the $$ on? Gotta think long and hard about that one because the carb works so well as it is.....

With all the sensors and electronics that go into it I would guess it would be cost-prohibitive, especially if it didn't work right, then what would you do? ? Spend more to try to figure it out? Just sell yours and get the EFI would make the most sense.

But if you could retrofit for $700-$800? Hmmmm maybe?? ...well then you'd have a stock EFI bike. What else could you have spent the $$ on? Gotta think long and hard about that one because the carb works so well as it is.....

Definitely use them on something else that can improve the power. Stewart has no problem running as fast as the other 450s with his non-fuel injected YZ450F.

But, the EFI is a big + for sure!

Definitely use them on something else that can improve the power. Stewart has no problem running as fast as the other 450s with his non-fuel injected YZ450F.

But, the EFI is a big + for sure!

EFI isn't really a power addition, it's 'the next step' technology-wise that the mfg have put off for a long time because the added retail cost may not have made sense. It's been around forever.

As far as Bubba goes, he could dominate a field of FI 450's on an old carbureted 250f - there's no doubt of that in my mind...?

No hot start is a bonus also i have been told that if your bike has been over , upside down etc.It will start no prob because of the fuel injection.

That alone will get you out of a situation if you fall off in a race!!!

EFI isn't really a power addition, it's 'the next step' technology-wise that the mfg have put off for a long time because the added retail cost may not have made sense. It's been around forever.

As far as Bubba goes, he could dominate a field of FI 450's on an old carbureted 250f - there's no doubt of that in my mind...?

That would be funny to see - personally, I doubt it.

But let's not sit here and debate, let the riding do the talking :banghead:

hey i got a question. if you were to have an 08 or 09 rmz250 do you think that you could apply the 2010 fuel injection on it??

If the motor is unchanged you could in thery but you would need,the throttle body,ECU,all the sensors,ignition$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?

That would be funny to see - personally, I doubt it.

But let's not sit here and debate, let the riding do the talking ?

But seriously Zonk, there were other riders that recently picked a 250f for a tight supercross since the AMA ruling that they can run either if they wish. The name slips my mind, and you guys can chime in here if u recall, but on a 250f, he holeshotted or nearly holeshotted the start and easily competed with the 450's.

Back in the day, Bubba used to put down lap times on his Kawa 125 that were as fast or faster than Carmichael was doing on his 250/450, so a 250f, on a flatter or tighter track, would hardly be a disadvantage for a guy who can hold it pinned like he does.