What Exactly Is a BONDI engine?

Hey guys, I just bought a 2006 crf 250r and it has a bondi engine. I checked the site to figure out what exactly the difference is but it just showed the difference in HP and Tourque from a stock motor compared with the Bondi. Also the guy I bought it from said that it has a $1200 PR2 piston but not to tell anybody. Seems kind of fishy because clearly a single piston is not $1200 but I've never heard of a PR2 only like wiesco and stuff, are PR2 a good make? Thanks for the help!

I know why he told you not to tell anybody. Unless the piston was made by an old school Japanese Samurai sword craftsman over a 5 year period folding the piston material 5000 times before shaping it with Ninja magic, there is no such thing as a $1200 piston. If there is, I am completely certian it does the same to the power as a $150 piston does made with with the latest computer software and hardware but lasts 1/10 the time.

http://www.pr2racing.com/index.asp

• Like 1

haha although I'm now going to tell the person who I sell my bike to that it has parts manufactured by A samurai who used ninja magic, I agree with your saying its just a regular piston. haha any ideas about the bondi though? Like thats just some mods right thats not a whole new engine?

I have heard of Bondi cant remember where.Did i mention that im from a secret tribe of chippewa and we kicked samurias buts we taught the americans gorrila warfare i could probally form a $1200 piston from copper or stone but the $200 piston from J&E would be a better choice of course the stone piston would be better than the $1200 pr2 piston.

How do you know it is a BONDI engine? Everything this guys says is suspect if you ask me.

PR2 is a good company, they used to build the blackfoot factory honda motors. as for bondi, more than likely another engine builder. the $1200 piston, well all i can say is i have one too...came with my bike straight from japan:lol:

Yeah Bondi is a canadian engine builder and i know my bike actually has one because on the engine case outside where the cylinder would be is got a bondi logo etched in. I dont have any experience with aftermarket engines though so thats like they just take the stock engine and scrap it and drop the new aftermarket one right in your frame?

I doubt it's a new motor I think they just tear down the old one and build it up with their parts

Bondi is a shop near barrie in ontario CA. They do very good work. Alessi is using their engines this year and a couple other guys. They do all kinds of machining and full engine rebuilds. They did the crank on my ktm 300 and they are doing the head on my kx250f right now. They also do a lot of sleds. I highly recommend if you need engine work.