Sign in to follow this  

Oil leak

I have an oil leak. At first i just thought it was the cap but i dont know now. I just took these pics and i rode it yesterday for about 6 miles on road. It has 34 miles and 3:15 minutes on it. Hope you can see it from these pics. i think its from the cover. Should i take it to the dealer? I'm not sure if i even had it a month yet

101_6805.jpg

101_6806.jpg

101_6807.jpg

Thats oil drops off the frame

I guess its to hard to see the oil sitting on the engine on the black, and the run down on the sides. also bellow the veiw window.

Where does the oil level in the sight glass show when the bike is stood up level? Looks a little over full POSSIBLY from the way it looks on the sidestand. You want it to be between the two lines but not over the top one. You might be leaking out the filler so check and see if the o-ring is there. Also, George, at Uptite makes a replacement that seats better and takes a few more threads. He made it for the 610s because they DID leak. Looks like there is some sign of oil in front of the filler hole, am I correct?

Otherwise it might pay to check the case bolts if you have a good torque wrench and know the torque specs....don't want to over do it.

What he said. Get a 1/4" torque wrench and torque all the engine bolts. Mine were all loose at a couple hundred miles and the case was leaking. Not a drop since tightening them all. and they have not come loose again either. I think it was just from the initial heat cycles. :) Ken

actually up straight it is towrds the lower line it almost is standing straight up in the picture. there is oil sitting both infront and behind the filler plug and evidence of running down the sides infront of and behind the case cover.

actually the oil might be high after warming her up. i called the dealer and they said the same thing to torque them all if not bring it in