Sign in to follow this  

Need some quick help

Found a 93 GG 250 near me. Owner says it needs a CDI box otherwise it is clean. He is asking 800.00. Anyone know how much and where to find a cdi for this year? Any help would be great!

send Jim Snell at trialspartsusa.com a email. He's the GG parts distributor. Can tell you if he has it in stock (probably) and list price. If there is a dealer near you, he will hook you up with them. Its better to use email as he's pretty busy.

hopefully hes in a good mood!make sure its the cdi before you get too excited

Only going on what the owner says. I just know there is no spark. Any ideas or advice?

like i said make sure thats the problem an $800 purchase can turn into $1500 in no time and remember this is a buyers market now take advantage of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!for $1500 you can get an 00 or 01!

I wouldn't pay $800 for a '93 unless it was running. There could be a lot of other problems that you dont know about untill you ride it.

:):banghead: :banghead:
Well to be honest, I wouldn't pay $800 even if it was running.

Thanks, thinking on passing on it too. My 96' is still in great shape just thought it would make a buddy bike or second bike. Thanks guys.

I have a 93/94 that had the CDI replaced before I got it. The CDI lasted about 10 hours I was told it costs about $350

hopefully hes in a good mood!

Ain't that the truth. Luckily the last few times I've called them I've spoken to Tim, who couldn't be more of a nice guy.

Jim comes real close to biting the hands that feed him most of the time IMHO.

hopefully hes in a good mood!make sure its the cdi before you get too excited

:banghead: So you've learned that too, eh? Yes, Jim is probably the only person that has less patience than you... :) ( In my best Italian Moffia voice disclaimer ) "I doan mean dat in a bad way" :banghead:

Oh yes, and if this thread is NOT already off topic:

Hey!! I'm baaaaack.. feels good to be cold again and taking HOT showers... Almost no one has a hot water heater in Thailand, they just pump the water to an uninsulated holding tank and let it heat up to 85 or higher, so most houses just have one lever or valve for.... water, at whatever temperature it happens to heat up to.

Oh yes, and none of the cars have heater cores... but they ALL have Air Conditioning.

I don't think I could EVER ride a Trails Bike in Thailand.. 2 kicks of the kick starter and I'd be sweating to death!!!

Ain't that the truth. Luckily the last few times I've called them I've spoken to Tim, who couldn't be more of a nice guy.

Jim comes real close to biting the hands that feed him most of the time IMHO.

True :) That's why it's usually best to call one of the dealers and let them call Jim... The shipment will come direct from Jim either way unless it's a common stocked part from your dealer.

If you know exactly what part you want and / or the part number... AND it's NOT some piddly small part like a bolt or O-Ring... AND you can relate your order in 1 minute or less with absolutely NO questions, you'll most likely be OK.. And of course, if you get Tim, the above may not apply... but Jim is a busy guy so I still call the dealers if you can find a good one and there are several that are mentioned on this site quite often... But unfortunately, they do not make enough money to afford to advertise here on TT :banghead:

Oh yes, and if this thread is NOT already off topic:

Hey!! I'm baaaaack.. feels good to be cold again and taking HOT showers... Almost no one has a hot water heater in Thailand, they just pump the water to an uninsulated holding tank and let it heat up to 85 or higher, so most houses just have one lever or valve for.... water, at whatever temperature it happens to heat up to.

Oh yes, and none of the cars have heater cores... but they ALL have Air Conditioning.

I don't think I could EVER ride a Trails Bike in Thailand.. 2 kicks of the kick starter and I'd be sweating to death!!!

I like the "up" charge in the Taxi's for "Air Con" - like anyone would say no. ...

I like the "up" charge in the Taxi's for "Air Con" - like anyone would say no. ...

Up Charge? Have not heard of that one over there... They have Air Con or they don't get any riders. However, you DO have to watch that they use the meter... Poke your head in and ask: "Taxi Meter?" If the say Chi or nod the head, you get in... Helps to have a Thai Wife or friend that will do battle with them if they try to stiff you... :banghead: :banghead: And my wife can be brutal with them.

When shopping over there, if I find something that I think is worth buying and the price is what I think is reasonable, I agree to buy but turn them over to my "Financial Manager" and then sit back and listen to the Thai conversation as she hammers away at them... She usually wins. :) Sometimes, I feel sorry for the poor merchant.... sometimes.

Well to be honest, I wouldn't pay $800 even if it was running.[/QUOT

Thanks all. Don't make me feel bad that I paid 1300.00 for my 96'. :banghead: Can't find them in my area much and 00' or 01' around me would go for 2k unless it was beat. As far as the parts I had no problem, ordered a few extra spokes and some bar ends to get to the $25 min order. They couldn't been more helpful. Not sure who I talked to though. They even looked up the CDI for the 93' I was asking about, $190 and some change incase anyone was wondering. Thanks again.:)

update: got my parts... got charged 14.40 shipping for a one lbs. box, In. to Mi. I think I got "took" on the shipping!

:):banghead: :banghead: :foul::p:busted::crazy::lol:

update: got my parts... got charged 14.40 shipping for a one lbs. box, In. to Mi. I think I got "took" on the shipping!

:):banghead: :banghead: :p:busted::crazy::lol: :lol:

That's nothing, you got GGUSA bargain price shipping.

My last box from them, I measured it, was 6"x4"x2" and weighed in at a hefty 10 ounces. They soaked me $18.10 for ground shipping from Indiana to New York. I got on UPS.com and priced the shipping it would cost me (and I'm not business so I didn't get the same lower rate that they'd be getting) and it came out at $6.20.

I think the overcharging for shipping goes towards Snell's classic car collection :foul:http://www.jims59.com/