Sign in to follow this  

crf150rb or ktm 105sx?

i am thinking of getting a new bike and i cant decide between the crf150rb or the ktm 105sx. i mostly ride on old logging roads but i also go to the track as well. i understand that the honda is way over priced but im not too sure if the 105 sx is any better and has more power. i am also looking for a bike that has cheeper maintence costs as well.

all coments are welcome.

thanks for taking your time to read this.

,neil

Also consider the kx100. If you can't afford new, there are plenty of nice, used ones out there. And new, it's cheaper than the others and cheaper to maintain than the Honda. It's about the same size as the CRF150RB and a tad smaller than the 105.

If you can afford it, go 105sx. Any way you put it, it will be cheaper than a CRF150R. But if the KTM is a little out of your budget, a KX100 like roxynoodle mentioned can be found cheaper and are pretty close to the 105.

Whats your hight/weight?

the 150r is great in power, but a 105 is just going to blow it away. now that that is out of the way, 2 strokes are less to maintain. the 105 is going to be lighter also. if i had had the choice i would have gotten a 105, but unless your going to need the torque, get the 105.

the regular, like oil changes, tires, chain & sprokets, and other things that a bike will need, and a new top end every once and a while depending on how you ride it.

I have a kx100 and my bro has a rm100 wich is basicly the same and we ride like u do. We neve foul plugs we dont rlly have that much maintence just clean air filter ever 3 or so good rides oil chain and das about it. also the top ends last awhile on those bikes. my bikes an 06 i got it in 08 road it all summer[i ride it like i stole it lol] and just decied i wanted a new top end just 2 see if it gave me more power. the piston was like new. i think u should defently check out a kx100 there good bikes.

the 105sx is a powerful bike with good control and torque. I am in the dirtbike buyers market and I found a nice looking sx for 1300 on craigslist, and probably going to buy it. crf150r's are really expensive to buy even used. people say crf150rs have alot of costly maintenance problems too. 105sx all the way