Sign in to follow this  

BBR Frame Cradle - Got the wrong one...

Hey guys - I picked up one of the original BBR frame cradles but just found out that it's for a non-electric start TTR. This is one of the orig. 1 piece aluminum cradles BBR made and is beautifully made. This cradle does not have the typical exhaust clearance issues that the new ones do. It was orig. a gold anodized color, but I have since stripped it and polished it out.....looks really nice (I did this before trying to install it....lesson learned!). Unless someone can tell me if I can modify this one (cutting on it)

It should fit just fine....I don't recall BBR saying that they didn't fit on the E model bikes.

Is the cradle interfering with the starter?

I must have the original "prototype" version then! This one won't work!! It's a completely different design than the last 2 generations of TTR cradles and it hits the starter motor/solenoid when swinging it up to the frame.....and it's still a good 1-1.5 inches away from the mounting holes.

After I posted this I talked to BBR and it seems that I do have one of the earliest versions of the frame cradle.....and it is super super solid built! They were shocked to hear that I just picked it up from a local MX dealer. I can tell you that it did have about a inch of dust on it when I bought it, so I knew it had been in his store for a while!

It's a gorgeous design with a ton of support welds done beautifully....but with the e-start option, it won't work. I have searched the entire web and have yet to see a picture like the one I have. Even the skid plate part of the cradle is super heavy duty and is a different design than all other cradles for this bike. This will work for a TTR125, just not one with the e-start. I suspect that this early version is way more solid and over-built compared to the ones I see out there now. This one also fits much more closely to the frame so there's absolutely no exhaust interference like the newer ones apparently have.

I wonder if it will fit my 2000 ttr125? I am interested in it if it will.