Sign in to follow this  

torque specs?? help

so my dang dog killed my manual:foul: my fault for leavin it on the chair next to the bike she eats fricken rocks so the manual is fare game i guess any ways i need torqe specs.

98 RM 250

case bolts??

center cases?

Side covers?

cylinder base?

Cylinder head?

Ignition?

Rad valve?

Thanks, got all my seal in and am ready to go but i need to torque it all down:thumbsup: and maby i will be able to ride this weekend.

Here are the torque specifications for a 1998 RMX250. Should be identical to the '98 RM250, but I had to add that caveat. Suzuki does not list torque specs for the case, center case and side cover bolts, but instead lists the following:

Bolt diameter (NOT head size!) 4mm - 1.5 lb/ft, 5mm - 3.5 lb/ft, 6mm - 7.0 lb/ft. That should easily cover those bolts.

case bolts?? - see above

center cases? - see above

Side covers? - see above

cylinder base? - 27.5 lb/ft

Cylinder head? - 20.0 lb/ft

Ignition? - 58 lb/ft (I assume you meant the magneto rotor)

Rad valve? - see 4/5/6mm torque specs (I assume you meant the reed block)

If you really want to torque the side cover/center case/case/reed block bolts (I never), I'd suggest you borrow or buy an inch/pound wrench. Trying to set a regular foot/pound wrench to such low values will probably not give you an accurate result. A.J.

• Like 1

I usualy just set my cordles drill to like 22 on the cluch and let her rip some one told me the zuki cases needed to be torqued? cool thanks i will be done finaly

The link to the manual was very good...Do you have links to other year manuals...looking for a 1990 RM125