Sign in to follow this  

XT250 Motard project

Hey everyone. Just wanted to share my project with you guys, and read you guys opinions.

Xt250.jpg

This was two years ago on a ride in Central Oregon.

Picture111.jpg

Picture114.jpg

92 CR500 front fork set up. Still need to machine the triple trees to fit the XT's Bearings.

Picture116.jpg

Hoping to have it done in a cople months.

I have 17inch front rim on order from Warp 9. Using the stock rear. Going to have it anodized black.

Thanks for lookin. :)

I plan on going with the Acerbis Cyclops headlight set up and i'm sure i will get some mid level bars to save some money.

Hey fellow Oregonian!

I'll be following this with rapt attention. I've been scheming most of the winter about possibly converting a DT in a very similar fashion.

I've been actively thinking about how feasible it would be to swap some CRF or CR forks on to one.... all wishful thinking at this point but the intent is to a build a fun little street-tard.

I had a CRF250 I raced a couple of years ago with Oregon Supermoto and I miss it terribly :) and unfortunately, racing is not in the cards again this year.

What are your over all goals with the bike?

OMG! I've so been thinking about doing this with my 82 XT250. Can't wait to see it when it's finished, or at least when the wheels are on. Can't decide whether its worth the money to do this to mine, or buy a completely different bike. I have a set of old CR forks lying around and triple trees, a disc, caliper and 21" wheel to go with them. Would like to see how yours looks with the big front forks compared to the stock ones, I just worry that mine would look strange with huge front forks.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Bump! Any updates? Can't wait to see this with the wheels laced up and tyres on

Hey I just bought an 82' Xt 250 as well last week. I do have a parts 79' XS500. Was thinking since forks are the same dia 35mm I would just use the front end of Xs onto Xt with disc and cast 19" wheel set up. I would like to use the rear wheel too, 18" and convert to rear disc brake as well.

well a couple weeks turned into months. But i think i'm back on track. Here is what i've done

IMG_0791.jpg

This weekend i'm trying to get the machining done.

looking awesome!! I'll have to show some pics of mine. Just finished paint the frame gloss black and silver swingarm . flat black on triple clamps and polished and clearcoated the fork legs. Rebuilt the forks and new front wheel bearings . I also regreased everything , new tires and some cables and also added some CRF150 pegs .

Sweet! I forgot about this. Love the frame, can't wait to see the rest of the bike as it progresses