dual exhaust on xr650???

So,I got the new mini rail with a 00xr650 motor and I wanted to run dual exhaust's on it.So,if I get someone to make these will it affect it in anyway?I want it more for looks than anything else,but just wondering if it will hurt anything?Thanks

So,I got the new mini rail with a 00xr650 motor and I wanted to run dual exhaust's on it.So,if I get someone to make these will it affect it in anyway?I want it more for looks than anything else,but just wondering if it will hurt anything?Thanks

I'm in TN and would like to see pics of a "mini rail" I assume its like a mini sand car? (sorry we don't have those things around here)

As far as dual exhaust I have seen pics in Supermotard sites/forums but haven't run across very many. Hopefully someone has seen some to help you.

silencers that are free flowing and basically an open pipe wont, but with some that may have a spark arrestor screen may, i know on my white bros E2 with the screen in it does slow the flow a tad. I think you would be doing ok with dual smaller diameter tubing and spark arrestor silencers, or stock style would prolly be cheap to get. Wont look real good but maybe some powder coating to give them some color or something. Sounds like a cool project

The loss of backpressure should not noticeably affect the power output. If anything, it might improve.

BTW, what kind of chassis is that? I have been looking for something similar to put my CBR600 engine into.

I have been dreaming about a SM'd XR650R with a CBR600 Motor lately! The idea 330 lbs with 120 hp, and comfortable to ride gives me a woody. Unfortunately It would have to be done by someone with a lot better fab skills, or a lot bigger wallet than me.

I have always wanted one of those Mini Rails too ! If you have the fab skills, you can get plans HERE.

Its a custom frame,and the aarm set ups work awsome in the whoops!I traded a sweet quad for this thing,and had some doubts,but so far its a blast!The problem is,it was my wifes quad and this cart is a handful to drive and shift in tight trails for her!So she really wants jetski's now.I have to figure a way to get her a ski and still keep this cart!!!?

I'm really curious about this kit....great idea, and I'll bet it's nimble as hell....I've gotta assume it's an L motor with the 'lectric start, right? I can't really see somebody having to go around back and kick the bitch over every time, right?

So, if they used an L motor, how does the proper cooling wind get to the motor if it's behind the seat? Any problems noticed in that area at all? Like I say, I'm curious....because there are L motors to be had here and there and I have a couple of buddies that do have those kinds of skills that are looking for the next project as we speak...

there's a sand drag guy down here by me...he's got both of his bike dual'd out ?

...nitromethane, stroked 5mm and 105.5 mm bore (717cc's ???), 14.5:1 compression dyno'd about 80hp

100_2397.jpg

...his mild build, ride all day and reliable, stock stroke, 102mm bore, 670cc's, web cam, ported head, 41mm carb... ~50hp est.

100_1198.jpg

a buddy of mine bought the L motor i posted about a while back...he's work'n on dropping it in a raptor frame...

just a WAG but a dual free flowing open exhaust probably only bennefits the higher built motors except for topend...if it's fairly stock i wud think the loss off the bottom wudn't be worth it :banghead:

:banghead:

P.S. not positive about all of the specs...u can try search for post by "Fab Shack Racing"

Im not really sure if its a xr or xl! Also I m used to 2 stroke motors and when I was working on this thing sat. I thought the bottom end was kinda noisy,maybe its just a 4-stroke???It wasnt bad,just more than Im used to,plus I was right in front of the engine while running!!