Sign in to follow this  

Need help on raising bars...

So my mom is finally enjoying riding learning her preferences and starting to become more aggressive. we try to get her to stand up buttt.... she has a legit excuse not to. her bars are to low. now weve tried ordering through our local bike shop (hinshaws) and after a 1 1/2+ time on backorder waiting we decided to go a different route.... we tried bar risers from dennis kirk but they didnt line up properly... so i was wondering is there a fast simple and easy way to raise the bars on a 230... triple clamps are tooo expensive right now....

thankS!:)

On my 230 I have moose 2inch(I think) risers and pro taper contour pastrana fmx bend bars. It was easy to bolt on and works perfect. Here's some pics:

crf230001.jpg

crf230002.jpg

crf230003.jpg

crf230005.jpg

Ya. They're really sturdy. Never had a problem.:)

ive got a pair of zeta bar risers if ur interested

I have a pair now!! :usa: N edge :thumbsup:

I stand 6 ft tall and I went with Renthal 150R Adult play bars. They are tall enough for me and only cost about $70.00. No risers needed and all my stock cables worked fine. This made a huge difference and I highly recommend these bars for the 230F. I would post a pic but I don't know how yet.

I'm 6'1" I put the Pro Taper SE KX high bends on mine and that did the trick for me.

DSC02410-1.jpg

DSC02414.jpg

Thanks, I love that bike, but I think my son is going to inherit (sp) it soon. I've stepped up to a klx 300R.

Where did you get those bar raisers/risers?

On my 230 I have moose 2inch(I think) risers and pro taper contour pastrana fmx bend bars. It was easy to bolt on and works perfect. Here's some pics:

crf230001.jpg

crf230002.jpg

crf230003.jpg

crf230005.jpg

I picked up a set of 2" pivoting Rox Risers and they work great. Here is the link to their site.

I used the protaper atv Mid 7/8 bars, they are very tall.

Since then i have added a scotts damper and triple clamp. the scotts clamp is much taler