Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know where this nut goes?

This is a 1995 Honda CR500 and I fired it up for the first time in a while today and just rode it around the yard. I found this nut laying in the driveway. It was inbetween the front wheel and the under hte motor of the driveway. Like it came from the front of the motor or bottom or something or that it came from the forks. It was just on the ground. However, I did move the bike several times so it may have fallen somewhere else and the bike just gotten moved so that's where it lay. I'm not sure. Anyway, I gave it a quick look over and can't find a missing nut. It looks pretty generic so I'm not sure if anyone can help but I thought I'd see.

Here are the pictures. Sorry they aren't very good.

CR500andTruckMarch122009028.jpg

CR500andTruckMarch122009023.jpg

It flipped over.

CR500andTruckMarch122009030.jpg

Just looking for a general idea of where to check to see if this thing goes. Any ideas? I'm not 100% sure it's from the bike I'm pretty sure as I don't see anything else it could be from. I did a oil change on the car in a similar spot but you don't take anything like this off.

I pmed Eddie with this question too and he told me it looked like a motor mount nut so I checked it out and sure enough it's the front motor mount nut. Is there a good way to tighten this up without removing the exhaust? I couldn't get a wrench on it and I couldn't get a socket with a extension due to the exhaust. Is removing the exhaust the only way or is their a easier way? I don't have the time right now to get into removing the exhaust but I will do it later if that's the only way.

Thanks guys.

Uh, remove it....shouldn't take too long if you know what you're doing. Good thing you found the nut now versus later, though!

Yep. I can remove it shouldn't be a big deal. I probably need a new gasket anyway as some oil seeps around it. However, I don't have the time tonight to do all that so that's why I was wondering if there was a faster way.