Sign in to follow this  

Locked up cr250?

i have a 98 cr250, the motor is locked up and i was wondering what this could be?

i was riding and it locked up...

i was thinking it could be a locked up or seized crank bearing?

Thanks!

Yup. That would most likely be the problem. Pull the head, and if the piston and cylinder are fine but it still is locked up, I'm willing to put a massive amount of money on the problem being the crank bearing.

I think it could be the top end bearing or the big end crank bearing. I have had my CR blow up three times(shattered the piston crown), but it always still turned over. But our weedwacker 2 stroke, it seized up so i took it apart and the cylinder and the piston were fine, but the top end bearing had welded itself to the wristpin, so I just have a feeling that you probably just ruined your top end bearing and it may not be too expensive to fix. I am pretty sure that you didn't seize the piston to the cylinder since the piston is aluminum and the rings are carbon steel and the cylinder is nikasil, aluminum can't weld to nikasil and i don't think the steel rings could either, has anyone ever had their bike lock up with a nikasil cylinder?, I have never seen it happen where the bike locked up cause of a cylinder to piston seizure.

So your bike is locked up, it's obvious there is a problem. YOU need to pull your cylinder and YOU need to tell US what is wrong. Heck, there are only 4 nuts holding the cylinder on. Tell us the piston is seized or the crank is locked up. We will help you prevent this from happening again in the future but only you can tell us what really happened after removing your cylinder.

But yes, if the bike has locked up and is still locked up after cooling down it is most likely a crank issue.