Sign in to follow this  

300xc 07 vs 08

What were the significant changes from the 07 to the 08 and up! Suspension, chassis, Motor? I am trying to gather all the info I can cause I am still torn between the 250sx and the 300xc. I am interested in any info anyone can give me. I am still new to the forum so be gentle:ride: Thanks!!

Without knowing your size and riding style it's hard for us to make an informed decision.

Who really cares what some INTERNET bozo says anyway.

Test ride them both. You're butt will tell you which bike to buy.

Dirt bike 101.

Now toughen up! Bitch! :)

I am 6' 195lbs and I ride alittle track but mostly, single track, dunes, slickrock. I am a agressive rider and I like to jump. I have ridden a 250 but no 300.

There was a huge change from 07 to 08. If fact chassis wise the 08 was a brand new bike. Engine wise very little change. 05,06 and 07 are pretty much the same but 08 was alot of new stuff. Biggest difference between the 07 and 08 is how much better the 08 corners.

I would guess that the bigger difference would be between the motor/tranny and not the frame/suspension/everything eles. Ask yourself, do I want a bike built for trails that will do ok on the track or a bike built for the track that will do ok on the trails. This is asuming the bike is stock you can make an sx a woods killer or an xc a track bike. I am confussed??

There was a huge change from 07 to 08. If fact chassis wise the 08 was a brand new bike. Engine wise very little change. 05,06 and 07 are pretty much the same but 08 was alot of new stuff. Biggest difference between the 07 and 08 is how much better the 08 corners.

correct, virtually the entire bike changed in 08, just like it did in 04, IMO the 08 is much much better than any previious year, I've had a 99, 02, 04, 08 300's

Mike

I would guess that the bigger difference would be between the motor/tranny and not the frame/suspension/everything eles. Ask yourself, do I want a bike built for trails that will do ok on the track or a bike built for the track that will do ok on the trails. This is asuming the bike is stock you can make an sx a woods killer or an xc a track bike. I am confussed??

actually its the other way around(assuming your talking about the 07 vs the 08, and not the 250 vs300) the new fram and suspension allows the bike to handle much much better than previous years the motors are improved but no where near what the new frame/suspension did for the bikes.

Mike

I would love to buy a two stroke again! I ride mostly tracks though. I am 200 lbs and the 250 with my weight just couldn't keep up with the 450's anymore. It would be nice to get a 300 and turn it into an mx bike. Do any of you have a 300 XC and ride tracks? What would you have to do to turn it into a killer MX bike to compete with all the 450's???

I think the easier route would be to put the 300 jug on the 250SX.