Sign in to follow this  

Help needed. Update to DRZ post on no idle.

I put all the jets back to stock. Cleaned em all good along with the carb. Used a thin wire to be sure no residue in jets etc.

142 main

200 main air

45 pilot

65 starter jet

60 slow air jet

3rd notch on needle; 1.5 turns out on gas screw.

It doesn't want to idle and pops a lot when you come off the gas. Ugh!

Any ideas? I mean, I the jets aren't old to begin with and the bike never sat too long. The carb looks clean. I blasted the circuit with carb cleaner. I'm stumped.:)

Trying to eliminate every variable, i put fresh gas in it. The 'old' gas really wasn't that old at all but the crap gas that is out there today, you never know. (needless to say it didn't help.) I can get it to barely idle with the idle screw all the way up. I also tried turing the gas screw one more full turn and while it seemed to help a bit, its still not idling right.

So the arch that I KNOW is on the bottom is incorrect? is that what you mean?

sorry if that 'KNOW' sounded like I was being sarcastic, def not my intention, i sincerely appreciate the help. by square side down you mean the side that has the small arch...i think it was right but just having taken it apart, i think it may have been getting hung up a bit?? idk...will reassemble and get back...any further suggestions appreciate (other than take a match to it :)

OK, this may be part of the problem. There is a small black set screw on top of the slide pivot, raises the plate up and down. Should this be all the way snug? That is, all the snug put it in it highest most position.