Sign in to follow this  

Tea Party?

your not alone, I was one of the thee hundered downtown seattle a couple weeks ago and will be there april 15th. PM if you want to get on the email "list"

Its total BS whats happening and what will be happen because of policys implemented. 17 executive orders in 7 weeks. What in the world is coming next?

read this

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=756656

Bussiness owners have had thier day, now it's time for the workers to enjoy a little gravy.

?, what business owners, what gravy?

Bussiness owners have had thier day, now it's time for the workers to enjoy a little gravy.

what about small inidustrial business owners working their a$$e$ off from scratch to make something happen? I'm not really looking forward to paying back all this 'stimulus package' money (which I won't see any of).

I'm guessing you mean CEO's of big companies (I hope) cuz "business owner" is a pretty wide open title.

Or should I just wait around until it becomes no longer profitable for my family and I to be in business because we will be getting taxed on our gross income instead of net?

Don

Business' are already taxed that way on the local and state level. The B & O tax is based on sales. So even in the winter months when business is slow and we operate at a loss we still have to pay taxes monthly.

We have never laid people off in the winter months but if the tax burden was to be increased we would have no choice but to start doing that.

Do the math Madam Governor and Mr. President...

what about small inidustrial business owners working their a$$e$ off from scratch to make something happen? I'm not really looking forward to paying back all this 'stimulus package' money (which I won't see any of).

I'm guessing you mean CEO's of big companies (I hope) cuz "business owner" is a pretty wide open title.

Does not not matter weather your small or large. Businesses have enjoyed tax breaks since the 80's, because that was the climate of government at the time. Now things are going to change, like it or not. Not everyone in this country owns a business, and an economy could not survive if that was the case.

It's weekend, time to ride, this should be moved to Town Square.

Its kinda weird tho that poeple think owning a business means you have a bunch of cash in your pocket.

Like Wiz said, paying taxes at state and local level is one thing, but icreasing the tax burden on top of that at a federal level means more businesses that struggle or go belly up when operating at a loss, which means less jobs for everyone.

Owning a business is taking a risk, thats why tax breaks are (were) given to encourage people to try.

just my 2 bits

I am a business owner, but I have no employees, and I barely net more than minimum wage for the hours I work. Now I think that the tax increase is necessary, but, the statement above that says that business owners have had their day... Clearly you don't understand how hard it is to be an owner. Sure, I can see increased taxation for large companies ($750,000+), but not for little companies.

I am a business owner, but I have no employees, and I barely net more than minimum wage for the hours I work. Now I think that the tax increase is necessary, but, the statement above that says that business owners have had their day... Clearly you don't understand how hard it is to be an owner. Sure, I can see increased taxation for large companies ($750,000+), but not for little companies.

Yep, I have no problem increasing the taxes on corporations that give out multi-million dollar bonuses on top of multi-million dollar salaries, but leave the small businesses alone!

Yep, I have no problem increasing the taxes on corporations that give out multi-million dollar bonuses on top of multi-million dollar salaries, but leave the small businesses alone!
Sure, I can see increased taxation for large companies ($750,000+), but not for little companies.

++++1:thumbsup:

Who in their right mind would even want to start a business now days?!

I did only a few months ago, it's uhhh, not quite going as I planned, but at least I have enough consultation/diagnostic analysis jobs to last me a year or so...

Nice ,gravy . :banghead: Glad someone actually knows . :)

I am self employed ,I dont say I own my business , due to it actually owning me . Gravy ? I dont know what you are speaking of ,so here goes . I left where I was employed ( same industry ) almost 13 years ago . I pay more in taxes each year than my gross pay was when I was not self employed . Do I make more ? Yes . I dont have many employees (7) but make no mistake , if someone doesnt get a pay check ,its me , not them . I stress ,they leave the job ,dont think about anything untill 8 am the next day here . It is not uncommon that I put in 70 hrs a week . Its part of the game . Will I continue , actually I am considering just closing and going back as an employee of where I was prior . Too much ,to often and to little at times . I have never seen a worker employ anyone , rather it be the "bosses" that do .

I am not positive which way at the moment , but its getting to where the positives are not as enjoyable to continue . So ,infact I will be adding to Californias unemployment laying off my crew at a time where they will not find positions easy (its over 10% here not working) . I didnt cause this mess ,but it has got to where its the Goldmine syndrom , Gold for those that want carried ,and the Shaft for those that are company owners .

Not sure why we are going back and forth like this. We are all gonna be slammed soon when the hidden tax of inflation kicks in from all this spending

Does not not matter weather your small or large. Businesses have enjoyed tax breaks since the 80's, because that was the climate of government at the time. Now things are going to change, like it or not. Not everyone in this country owns a business, and an economy could not survive if that was the case.

Obviously you have not a clue on small businesses...this state does not offer tax breaks to small business. We pay way more than our fare share I assure you.

Obviously you have not a clue on small businesses...this state does not offer tax breaks to small business. We pay way more than our fare share I assure you.

Amen. People who have never run a business are some of the most misinformed people I've ever had the pleasure of hearing. It's that "As long as someone gets taxed besides me" attitude that is just as bad as the WTA or welfare recipients. Probably an overpaid union guy, who bitches when the boss wants wants him to get his job done.:)

98% of us ( you too Harry??) W-O-R-K for a business! do you actually think that if they are burdened even more with taxes, that YOU wont be laid off to be able to pay them??? :)

Joe