Sign in to follow this  

need help fair price for used cylinder.

hi i want to know if you guys can help me out. im trying to selling a used ice cube 276 cylinder and trying to figure out a fair price.

comes with

-used piston

-new set of rings

-new circlips

-both oring for the head i would replace the inner oring cost $5

-and a base gasket

i was thinking around $480 since they go for about 1grand new. here are picture of the bore there is 3 very small vertical scratches . it run great just selling cause i might be getting a new bike. http://www.thumpertalk.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=48644&cat=500

Technically that's a fair price for that cylinder, but it's going to be hard to get that since most people don't know about the quality of that set up. Especially since you can get a lukes racing, or Athena setup for that price new.

not trying to be harsh, but you can get 290s for that price new. I would say if you get 200 for it with a used piston thats a fair deal.

not trying to be harsh, but you can get 290s for that price new. I would say if you get 200 for it with a used piston thats a fair deal.

cool but there is no point in comparing it to a 290 that comparing apples to oranges .

I bought mine used on e-bay last year for 425.00 i think. it also came with the old piston but no rings. i thought it was a fair deal, but by the time i got the special o-ring $45.00! rings and such from RPM that added about another 100 bucks. so all in all i have about 525.00 in the set up, still much cheaper than new.

and your right, you cant compare it to the athena or similar cylinders, that thing is really a work of art. if i needed a spare i would grab it.