Sign in to follow this  

crf250x

i am thinking about buying crf250x are these bikes much different from standard crf 250 is suspention different and are they slower .

when you say "will it be like the standard crf250". im assuming you mean the crf250R. well, the 250x has a race motor like the R, but with a differet cam, exhaust, piston, electric start and a few other things. simlpy put, it is the closest you can get for a 250R, but with enduro off-road.

The suspension is set up for trails. They will only go as fast as the rider that is riding it. Do a search and I think you should find what you are looking for.

welcome to the boards!!!

This is a GREAT bike. You will find a ton of info here.....just search for it.

As far as a side-by-side technical comparison and some great info check out RAMZ's site:

http://rickramsey.net/CRF250X.htm

are you mostly riding trails or track? I love my X and have nothing bad to say about it, however the R is just a different animal. There are LOTS of major differences like the close ratio transmission vs the X's wide-ration transmission, R has a bigger carb, and much better flowing head, and the biggest difference for me is the X weighs about 25lbs more than the R while putting out quite a bit more HP.

With that said, it just depends on what type of riding you mostly do. I purchased the X over the R because in California you can only ride the race bikes at state parks during certain times of the year, whereas you can ride the X anywhere, at anytime during the year.

Either way they are both great bikes!

The X is not any slower than the R, but the R will accelerate faster (reach the top speed). The X makes up the lost HP with a taller gear ratio. With a few mods you can make up a lot of the difference in HP. Personally I ride tight single track on a stock X (except for guards and some billet)and have not felt a deficit due to power. In fact I have gone faster than some 450's.

The suspension is set up differently, the X being not as firm to absorb all the rough obstacles you will find offroad, where the R is quite stiff to handle the landings from big jumps.

go with it man cant go wrong i fell i love with it. man the speed is great all i did was upgrade the exhaust and a jd jet kit and its like a bat out of hell ones i even think about hitting the throttle its way faster that my friends 250 Yamaha

buy it you'll never ride another bike unless you upgrade to a 450x