Sign in to follow this  

How can I get the best responce out of my bike

hey i just picked up an 04 yz 250f and im wondering what i should be doing to get this bike as snappy as possible. Im looking to spend under 700 bucks. So im left with some money to get my suspention done while im doing the bike mods

IMHO properly set up suspension is the first thing you should spend money on. If that $700 is for suspension and mods most of it'll probably go to suspension. That's a five year old bike so have the forks and shock rebuilt, sprung and set up for your weight and riding style. Ask around for a good suspension shop up there.

im already gettin the suspention done i have 700 to get the bike nice and responcive any suggestions

Yea I would send it to someone like Jesse to get some porting and/or cams or what not, he is getting impressive numbers out of these bikes for much less than you would be spending on an exhaust that won't even get you as much of a gain.

If you dial in the jetting, the bike will become more responsive. But like it was said above, the best improvement to better your times is suspension.

Start with jetting. I thought my bike was running good until I rejetted and took the time to test it.

You can get a JD Kit and a #60 leak jet and an aftermarket fuel screw or you can order the parts on your own

09 needle - its tapered

correct pilot

o-ring for o-ring mod

after market fuel screw

and dont forget to test