Sign in to follow this  

2006 DR-Z 400SM Jetting Question

Eddie, I have a 2006 DR-Z 400SM and am looking for your jetting recommendation. I have the JD jet kit for the stock Mikuni carb, and will be installing a MRD standard pipe, K&N air filter with the 3x3 mod, and Kientech extended fuel screw. I live in New Jersey, and usually ride between sea level, and about 1000 feet above sea level. Other than the mods listed above the engine is stock. Thanks in advance for your help.

.. I strongly recommend loosening the sub frame as taking carb in and out without this is a night mare .. real night mare.

so loose it here and pull it back

sub.jpg

loose the sub frame at the bottom too

sub1.jpg

.. and pipe

pipemount.jpg

For me it was next to impossible to reinstall the carb without doing this!

:)

hey Maxim, next time, try loosening the top subframe bolt, removing the bottom 2 subframe bolts, and removing the mid pipe mount bolt and muffler mount bolt. then you can pivot the subframe up and prop it up and out of the way with a piece of 1x2 about 22" long. that's how i do it and i have gotten pretty quick at it. Great pics by the way

hey Maxim, next time, try loosening the top subframe bolt, removing the bottom 2 subframe bolts, and removing the mid pipe mount bolt and muffler mount bolt. then you can pivot the subframe up and prop it up and out of the way with a piece of 1x2 about 22" long. that's how i do it and i have gotten pretty quick at it. Great pics by the way

Top idea. I'll give it a go next time ..

just pull the air boot back behind the frame rail and avoid all of the bolt removal.

Eddie, the air boot is so stiff .. how do you pull the air boot back behind the frame rail?

Thanks Eddie. i have a Merge AP spring to install, so i'll try your method next time. i've seen you do it on a video, and you make it look very easy. it's hell having no real skills of any kind.

Hey Evry1 i m new here i was wandering whats the best mods for my drz 400 sm i got perrilli tyres some fairly nice rims and yoshima pipe sounds good i want to change the whole pipe to the dual carbine fiber cause i think it looks good while being used on the road anyway and wat are all these other mods that u can do and how much does it help and how much am i looking at i also want to be able to change my tyres to dirt so i can get ofroad wen i m wit some mates does it make a big difference the tyres and do u have to change nething other then the tyres like the rotars and stuff some1 please help i no its alot to ask but i m so lost at the moment