Sign in to follow this  

fuel joint swivel??

I have a 08 crf250. The brass swivel joint that goes into the carb on one side and the fuel line attaches on the other. Should this brass swivel joint be bent to a perfect 90 or not, mine appears to be bent about 110 degrees. The bike started leaking gas. I did notice a small hole in the fuel line so I know that is one of my problems. I just wasnt sure if the swivel joint got bent in a crash and caused the hose to stretch and rip. If it is bent and needs replaced, how do I replace it? Can I just pull it out or do I need something special. Thanks Steve, I did search and couldnt find any help out there.

Without looking at it I couldn't tell you if it's bent. I highly doubt it. It's held in by a little screw. The brass fuel inlet has 2 small o-rings and a slot at the end that the screw sits to keep it from coming out. I personally have never seen one leak or bend.

Charlie, thannk you for the response! I went and picked up new fuel line today and looked at a 2008 they had on the showroom. It appeared to be at the same angle as mine. So I don't think mine is bent. The OEM microfiche shows it as if it were a perfect 90 degree but it isnt. I still dont see the little screw you are referring to? I dont see it on the parts list either, Thanks Steve

It's a phillips head screw. It think it might be in the bowl, I can't remember off the top of my head. But it's there holding the inlet pipe in. Once you get the screw out, just wiggle it back and forth while you're pulling on it. When you reinstall it, put a little grease on the o-rings.

I looked this weekend and the phillips screw is on the outside. Pull the screw out and twist the brass inlet as you're pulling on it.