Sign in to follow this  

Trade 2006 yz250f for 2007 rm 125?

I have an 06 yz250f that I've been riding for about a year. Its' been alright, except I have never really felt truly comfortable on it, although I think this might be because of lack of seat time.

Prior to the 250f, I had a 2001 yz 125. Well, I have an offer for a trade for a cherry 07 rm 125 with renthal bars, newish sprockets, fmf pipe, hot rod crank, and race trek suspension set up for a 160lb rider (Im 158 :))

Im wondering if this trade seems worth it. I mean, I like the smooth 250f power...but that race trek suspension sounds soo good! Especially considering I dont like how the 250f turns.... I might really have to seriously consider the RM. I ride strictly MX by the way. Any thoughts?

heres the rm...

rm125.jpg

rm1255.jpg

go for it, try to get some money out of the other guy if you can. But, as far as a better bike, the 125 is for you. You will learn how to ride and maybe one day youll be ready to switch to a thumper. The rate at which you learn on a 125 compared to a 250f is off the charts. And you cant help but love the lightweight feel of a 125 especially if its set up for you which is a double bonus.

yeah i know the 125 is a much better learning tool, since it teaches riders how to carry more speed. That rm is so tempting :)

What i noticed in my 06 250f is that is dosent turn very good that might be y you dont feel very comfortable. If its that get applied triple clamps, and radiator lowering kit made a huge difference for me now i love my bike.