Sign in to follow this  

out of control bar vibration!

i have the 09 txc 510 and have not been getting along to well with the bar vibration. under higher rpms it is bad enough that my hands are going numb and having trouble hanging on. last race there were times that i thought my throttle grip was turning. has anyone had this problem and how do i get rid of it or at least make it bearable. will running the bar clamp mount at a looser tension on the rubber mount help?

A throttle tube from uptite solved my problem. The stock one has a lot of rattle to it.

I had the same problem early on and the result for me was numbness and "arm-pump"....I'd do a search for arm pump to get some ideas. I was give many things to consider. Some of them that may or may not help:

The Fasst bars set up (most expensive), The Sunline ASV-1 anti-vibration bars, Pro Taper EVO bars, the new pillow top grips, there are triple clamps with the rubber inserts, there is a company that sells a tube and/or gel that you insert inside your bars, etc, etc, etc....or go buy a KTM.

I personally tried to set my current bars up like my old KTM and bought the pillow top grips. It has cut down the vibration by about 1/3. It's better but still VERY noticeable at slower speeds. By far, the worst attribute on this bike.

...additionally check your motor mount bolts. I had one get lose on my 08 TXC450 and it was pretty bad.

I never had this problem until I had a bout of Fifth desease last year and I experienced arthritis type symptoms especially in my hands, and my hands would go numb.

I tried a pair of pillowtop grips and while I intially did not like the feel of the grips, it seemed to help with my hands going numb.

I don't notice it much anymore, probably just used to the bike and have a better grip.

Mine was really bad when new. After breakin and riding, It has calmed down, alot!

mike

I have an 08 te 510 and hate the vibration also. Ive been told changing or balanceing the fly wheel fixes it. (expensive ) for some reason the supermoto version is balanced and does not vibrate.

...additionally check your motor mount bolts. I had one get lose on my 08 TXC450 and it was pretty bad.

Lost one today at the track...the lower one up front. I had previously lost the nut off the upper one up front.

after much frustration i decided to call zip-ty and find out what they are doing about vibration. low and behold i find the reason they vibrate so bad is that there is no crank counterbalance on the off road bike tc,txc,te as there is on the supermoto bikes. this blows as the motor is setup to accept it. zip-ty indicated that you can add it if you can get the parts or you can have your crank balanced. either way it needs cases split (was told 250 to split and 250 to assemble) plus either machine work or parts if counterbalancer is added, all this for something that should have been done from factory!:)