Sign in to follow this  

yz125 vs yz250 - miles per gallon

jus state i hav a yz125 but i want to move to a 250 two stroke...which one get more miles per gallon

less revin' means less fuel consumed so I say 250 BUT the 125 carb is smaller so it could be close to a wash. Typically bigger displacement consumes more though. Never owned a 125 (:banghead:) so I don't really know. :)

I can safely get 45 miles on my stock 2.1 gallon tank and still have fuel left in the tank. The only reason that I haven't bought a large tank for my current bike is because the longest loop that I regularly ride is only 45 miles long and I've never un out. I have been on a few rides where I packed extra premix in a bottle in my backpack.

i can definitely go a lot longer on my 250 than i did on my 125. Because on the 125 you're constantly on the pipe while on the 250 you just give it gas here and there.

less revin' means less fuel consumed so I say 250
i can definitely go a lot longer on my 250 than i did on my 125. Because on the 125 you're constantly on the pipe while on the 250 you just give it gas here and there.
Same with us. :banghead:

Our boys 125's go about 45 miles on a tank of gas, while the 250's can go 10-15 miles farther (trail/woods riding).

That's with the YZs. My friend's CR250 can go another 5-10 miles on top of that! :)

I have gotten around 55 miles on the stock 2.1 tank on my 250, definitely don't think i'd go much farther though was a little left in the tank but not enough to make me feel good. Of course if i wouldn't fall down so much i'd probably not use so much gas:banghead:

Jeez, I am lucky if I get 45 to 50 miles with a long range clarke tank, but its flat out full throttle racing so maybe its right.....?

Jeez, I am lucky if I get 45 to 50 miles with a long range clarke tank, but its flat out full throttle racing so maybe its right.....?

I can believe it at full throttle operation, when i took mine to the track last yr that 2.1 gals disappeared very fast, it was a very sandy SOB and the bike never saw anything under 1/2 throttle

compared to my 450 my 250 drinks the gas...but thats ok.

Just like anything, the more RPM the more fuel being used.

Our YZ125 flattrack bike uses ALLOT of race fuel .

I was like " yeah i guess it'll drink a bit more than the yz85 " ,, well it drinks allot more .

Almost twice as much as a 250F , in fact.

Sorry most of this had nothing to do with your question , but hey i just thought i'd throw it in there !

sparkey

I get around low 50's mile per tank (stock 2.1 tank). I ride single track with lots of hill climbs followed by long descents. I am almost never above 3rd gear for these ranges. I burn about a tank in 3 hours of riding.